Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chrissy J - Phenergan

Hey girl, I just googled Phenergan, and I think it would probably help tremendously during your withdrawals.  It is an anti-histamine, which would have helped me a ton, as I had the worst runny nose and sneezing that you could imagine.  It is also prescribed for nausea, and is known to cause sleepiness.  Just be careful not to take more than the recommended dosage, it has some horrible side effects and can effect your breathing if you overdose on it.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing.  I am at day 13 and it is getting much easier.  Now if only energy came in a pill.........wait, it does, but I promised hubby I wouldn't take them anymore!!  Have a good day!

Sheri
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
This is my first posting. I am an opiod addict andI have been on Suboxone for 5 days now and I have been doing good but now I keep throwing up and am continuously sick and sleepy. Do you have any advise? Please tell me your atory
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
So you only take the Paxil certain times of the month??  Just checking because there are aminos you can't take with a SSRI...

First you will need a good multi-mineral vitamin... look around for a good name at the store.. you don't have to spend alot of money but make sure it has calcium 1000mgs, magnesium 300mgs, potassium 100mgs iron 20mg, zinc 20gs, magnese 60 mcg, copper 1mg ect..

B vitamin complex either 50mgs or 100mgs  will help energy and absorption of any amino's you choose to take.

L-glutamine-- much needed for everyone. you can take up to 2000mgs 3x per day. Empty stomach.( i started with less per dose and worked my way up)

L-taurine-- up to 1000mgs per dose3x per day. empty stomach

DLPA- helps rebuild pain receptor sites. up to 2000mgs 3x per day empty stomach

L-leucine-- also helps pain receptors. up to 500mgs per dose 3x per day

L-methionine--same as L-leucine

All of these are taken on a empty stomach. Take them together. They have helped me alot.

As far as sleep.  I have been taking one GNC "Sleep Blend" and one L-theanine at night. L-theanine is a amino that is great for relaxing or anxiety. I have also taken them during the day if I feel anxiousness.. very helpful. almost like natural valium.

In addition to the supps from the book end your addiction now above. I take Ester C, an antioxidant, and extra calcium/magnesium. Helps me sleep, use the bathroom like a normal person..etc..

I would just start with the ones above at the top and see how you feel.. IF you have any questions or would like me to explain what each one does to the body..please feel free to ask. I am off to work.. Print this out and take it with you if needed.. I found GNC to be the cheapest.. some stuff was only 5 bucks for a bottle of 50 pills..

Hope this helps
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Are you taking any anti depressants??  Have you ever abused or taken any benzo's or sleeping pills??  Is there anything you are taking now that is important info??  Are you having a lack of energy as well as no sleep?? Answer these and I will give you some info.. there are many options.
Helpful - 0
I don't take any benzos.  I take Paxil for PMDD.  It's weird, I go through a couple days of completely being wore out but can't sleep and then the last two nites, I have slept so hard that I wake up with a headache....the lack of energy is horrible.  I just don't have the energy to do anything.  I tried a Sobe energy drink yesterday, and immediately threw that up.  It made me so sick.  I have a health food store just a couple of blocks from my office, but I know if I go in there without knowing what I want or need, they are going to try to sell me one of everything!!  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

Sheri
Helpful - 0
I am so glad you are on this morning!!  I am having a horrible time with lack of energy.  I was up for 36 hours a couple of days ago, I am amazed that I am so wore out, but sleep will not come.  What aminos or vitamins do I need?  Please help me.

Sheri
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much!!  I have to take the Paxil everyday.  The withdrawals from it are worse than the withdrawals from opiates.  I will print this out and take it with me at lunch.  We are in a small town, no GNC here, but I will go to the health food store.  Thanks a bunch!!

Sheri
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
since you take it everyday. Do not take the DLPA without talking to your doc first.... the others are fine...  just not that one... get docs approval first and do some research on Paxil and DLPA..
Helpful - 0
Thank you,  I will do that.  You are a life saver!!  I'll let you know how I do.

Thanks again!!
Sheri
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
phergan helped me alot...the sub made me nauseous... also after stopping it helped with alot of stuff..  

Also energy does come in a pill.... try B12 from GNC.. they even come in sublingual pills...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.