Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
220965 tn?1189755823

Politically Correct.

Why isn't it politically correct for a doctor to tell a patient to diet, exercise, stretch and lose weight. I know much of my pain comes from being 40 lbs over weight and being out of shape. But doctors rarely say this anymore you complain they prescribe. Any Opinions?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
... i think because it's like anything - there's good ones and bad ones.

tz - re: your long time AA peeps. your feelings on it last night.  that too, like anything else - you are gonna have good peeps and bad peeps, but it doesn't rep. the whole... i happen to know both.

goes for doctors, AA members, preachers, blahbedy blah (master of the English language, that I am...)

:)
mj
Helpful - 0
You are sooo right.   Sometimes there seem to be "clusters' of one or the other all in the same spot.   Maybe thats whats goiing on in my area.   It certainly doesn't rep the whole nor the program itself.  Great post, hon.

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.