Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Clean Since Last Friday Night Drug Test Tomorrow.

I stopped Hydro/Norco last Friday the 22nd of June. I have a pre-employment drug/Alc test (urine) tomorrow (the 29th). My pain meds are legitimate pain management, so I can produce prescription documentation. Question is i am going to the same lab I went to last time (on pain meds) Quest. They said that i would be contacted if there were any questions when I asked the examiner if they needed a list of my meds before the test.

I'm just confused and worried, will I flunk, pass or show too little narcotic based on prescribing information (4-5 10/325 Norco daily PRN for pain). Geeze this is sooo complicated and to think I used to worry about my Alc. problem (I am whupping that, sober for 4 months after 5 years of daily drunk when not on pain meds).

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I"m not sure about your meds but i was on 3600mcg of fentanyl and methadone and somehow my drug test came back negative!  3 times!
Helpful - 0
220965 tn?1189755823
Im not sure but I believe it is only in your system 2-3 days tops. Many others on here more knowledgeable than me. GOOD LUCK
Helpful - 0
you're right, it is only in your system for 3 days but if they are prescribed, what is the problem? you should be fine with your new employment even if it comes back positive. they can match it with your medication and tell the employer that you are okay because of your medications.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I wouldn't worry about it.. if there is less in your system than the script says.. you have proof that you take it that is all that matters..
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone! Off I go to the "**** test" LOL, clean since last Friday!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.