Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Difference between Oxycontin and Oxycodone-& will Oxycodone show up in pee sample if taking oxycontin?????

Hi All!  I am typing from LAS VEGAS right now!!!! WUHOO! My god is it ever freakin' hot here!!! TOday was 106 degrees....thank god I'm not sweating like how I used to when I was on the damn methadone!!! lmao!!!  We went to Hoover Dam today, aND i TOOK a million pics...hahahha! It was fun and stifling hot! hehe!
So my legs are kinda hurting still, but NOT as much as they were b4 I left.  I am taking 2Lt's=1000mg and a b6 in the morning then 2 more Lt's in the nite.  Ya it works really good! The only time my legs really hurt is in the middle of the nite and I'm still rubbing that stuff on em'!  Suprise suprise I havent woken up b4 730am Vegas time yet!!! WUHOOO!:P
So I did have a question!!! hehee....umm so I was wondering I have to take a pee test when I get home from here, july 5th.  If I took some oxycodone's here would they show up in my test??? Do they show up the same way as Oxycontins??? HOw long do they take to get out of the system??? CUz I'm still on my oxycontin, but I'm at such a low dose that there not doin anything.  
I hope everyone is doing good!!  Keep on your journeys, and I"ll talk to you laterz!  Desperately needing to know......:)
*Laurie*
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, oxycodone will show up as an opiate in a drug screen. And No, we have found that oxycontin does not show up as an opiate, at least not in most cases. We just recently had to buy a new 14 panel drug screen for our clients which now tests for oxycontin seperately, as people were getting away with taking oxycontin because it wasn't showing up as an opiate in UA's.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
If you have a prescription then it won't really matter... Oxycontin has a longer half life than oxycodone. Depending on how long you have been using them oxycodone (percaset) will be out in 4-7 days totally. some say 3-4 but I like to say longer to be safe.. Oxycontin however since it has a longer half life I am not sure but it would be longer than the other one..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.