Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Interesting detox theory

I was surfing around and found a rehab in Okla with some interesting concepts.

They say that the drug is stored in our fat cells and thats why even after the drug is "out of our system" and we are through wds that when we are stressed or exert ourselves (anything that causes our heart to quicken) the cells release tiny bits of the drug causing our cravings.

They include in their 6 wk program, after physical wds, that each client exercise (treadmill, or any cardio) to get the cells to release toxics and alwo spend several days (3-5 hours a day) alternating in and out of a sauna.  

I remember learning about the fat cells storing drugs when I was in detox in 1986 but had forgotten.   Interesting.............

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
fat cell are absorbant little buggers and a big pain in the butt (in more ways than one). That was a great piece of information, really makes sense. Not that it will get me out running in the HOT Florida sun, but I did always want to join a gym. For all those big brawny muscles, not mine of course. Now I'll have a reason to be there. Thanx

Just kidding, that was really something I thought was very informative and something that we can actually use to get ahead of these darn cravings down the road. Thank you
Hope all is going well for you tzlady.
Helpful - 0
Very interesting, i knew marijuana binded to fat but not opiods. also exersise will help with lack of endorphins/deppression. I also believe music helps with the deppresssion part of it.
Helpful - 0
Yeah I am not going to start jogging but have been on the elliptical machine 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes at a time.  Now all I have to do is go build a sweat-lodge and I'll just about have the whole package and really kick butt on these occasional cravings lol!

I'm good, thanks for asking...........not counting days but think the last vikes was somewhere around june 8th (???)     If I count its like when I diet and am on the scale too often,  somehow makes me anxious.   I'm weird like that.

tzt
Helpful - 0
You go girl,that's great to hear you're doing so well. I know what you mean about the counting. Keep up the great work and hang on tight for the long haul one day at a time.
xoxoxo
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.