Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fiorcet Addiction

My family recently found out that my mother has been addicted to Fiorcet for over 10+ years. She binges on all of her pills for about a week (or until she runs out of them) then waits another 3 weeks to get her pills. She had always told us she had migraines or her period and she wasnt taking anything to make her intoxicated, so because we love her and wanted to believe it wasnt drugs that we bought every story she told us. Recently she was fired from her job for being completely intoxicated at work (mind you, she works at a high school) and fell down a flight of stairs at the graduation ceremony, and then her boss found the pills in her purse. So now shes entering a 30-day program tomorrow, and im worried about her relapsing when she gets out because that will tear our family apart. Well i am wondering if anyone can give me information about Fiorcet addiction. I also wanted to know if there were any type of programs that are available for our family to recover as well. I heard about al-anon or alateen, but i read those programs are focused towards alcoholism. Any help or information for us is greatly appreciated.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the forum. You have posted on an old thread. You will get a lot more responses if you start a new thread. Just click back to forum and start a new post. You can cut and paste this one to save typing time.

I don't know much about Fiorcet at all...but there could be plenty that do and you will find so much info here!

Good Luck!
JoAnn
Helpful - 0
I was perscribed Fiocet 7 years ago for tension headaches. As of today I take triple of what I am instructed to take. When I have tried to stop using them in the past the withdrawl is unbarable. I also find myself needing them just to go to the store or do some house work. I am totally and completely dependent on them. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I can get help??
Helpful - 0
I was on firocet for about 2 years. the addictive drug in firocett is called butalbatol (boo-tal-ba-tol). it is a seditive and works a lot like xanax and is as addictive. the WDs from it are not as bad as comming off narcotics but it can be bad. my worst WD was anxiaty. i felt like i was going to panic or freak out but the WDs were short lived and in about a week i was over it...  hope this helps. good luck and be there for your mom. she is on the right track by getting help. your love for eachother will get you thru  ...jeffjeff
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
THere is also Naranon.. which is for family members of addicts... in some places there are specialty kinds of groups.. my grandmother attended a group for a long time that was for family members of heroin/opiate addict.. Look around, google stuff in your area, look in the phone book, even local hospitals and churches sometimes have meetings so they may have a list of meetings.  Fiorcet is a pain med, it also contains caffeine and a barbituate I believe...  I was addicted to vicodin... I did not hide my addiction from my hubby.. I am not sure why.. I just didn't.. He is very supportive.. Just be there for your mom.. but also get some help for yourself and your family... you will all need to recover as well.. I am sure you have all been hurt and carry resentment for whatever reason.. The family is sick too in this situation... its not your fault.. its just common for their to be issues within the family.  But she will need your support to keep her from going back to the pills. ITs great that she is going into treatment... that will help... she will need a addiction doc or therapist for when she gets out so maybe you can start looking for one.. and find a list of meetings for her for when she gets home... that is showing support..

I hope i helped some..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.