A
A
A
Close

end of day 1

feeling like crud....and can't deal with the RLS. Hylands isn't cutting it
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi! I am approaching 48 hrs. and I know what you're going through. I am sorry for how  you (we) feel but it's for the best. I am a newbie at kicking the pills.

I didn't know that Soma could help. I have some here so I will try that. I never really liked them so I have enough to hopefully help.

Do you have any support? I have my son (he's 18) and thank god at least he's around. I didn't want anyone to know about my problem but there comes a time when you have to tell someone, at least for the help.

I at least feel good enough to sit here and type which I could not do on day one so hang it there! I know I am not out of the woods yet but I feel a far sight better then I did yesterday. Hope I am making some sense here, I feel like I cannot focus very well.

And to everyone, thanks so much for posting your experiences and the way you support each other. That means the world...I will pray for all of you.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear you are feeling like s***, I know how you feel, not that that makes it much better. Could you maybe talk to your doc about getting a couple of muscle relaxers like for instance Soma? I know you haven't told anyone about your addiction (I never did either), but they really help, even though you have to be careful, because they can also be addictive - but maybe just for the first bad days.
Today is day two, soon it will be day three, and the worst will probably soon be over.
Take care
Minnie
Helpful - 0
I remember the restless legs when I quit.  My legs used to flop around like fish at night.  I know this sounds crazy, but I would rub my legs with aspercream and it seemed to help.  But I also have bad leg and back pain from a car accident, so I don't know if the aspercream was helping the pain or the restless legs.  Worth a try though.
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
So sorry honey.... heat helps... bananas also... pick up a potassium supp tomoorow.... Day 2 is almost here... I am rooting for you.. I am off to bed.. night

xoxo
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.