Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Mangee, I need your help

Hey, it's been awhile.  How are things.  I need some help.  My mom's husband 80 took a small fall on some stairs on my uncles yacht.  He was in Spain at the time and he was carrying a book in one hand and counldn't catch himself.  So he just fell back a couple of steps and landed on his back.  They did a cat scan and another thing and nothing was broken.  He has not been the same since then.  His doc here is CRAZY gave him 5 refills of 240 10/325 for pharmacy and same for mail order.  Then he told him to take 2 every 4 hours.  I finally fessed up to my mom about my problem so she took him to pain mangement and they gave him oxycotin 20 only 30 of them.  I thought of you immediately.  What do I need?  How is it that nothing is broken it's been almost 2 months he just had steroid shot in his back and he is still in pain.  I need perspective.  Could the pain be from the meds.  How is your pain.  He's a tough guy.  I believe part of this happened because he had some lessons to learn but still what do I do for him.  My mother is not the most sympathtic type in this case and it has given me an opportunity to get to know him.  Hope all is well.  I'll check in for your reply.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, I just wanted to say in case you wandered why Mangee had not answered - a few days ago he came on here and said he would not be back, had a disagreement with another poster I think.  Of course, many people say that and end up coming right back, but you never know.  Maybe you will luck out and he will still be around reading, and decide to answer you.  Just thought I would throw in this little bit of info.  Maybe someone else here will be able to help you - am afraid I would not be qualified, but somebody in the later morning hours problably will give you some feed back.

Thanks,

Cindy
Helpful - 0
When my mom was put on hospice because they knew she was dying the docs handed her morphine without even blinking.   When people are older or terminal (I was told by the hospice nurse who worked for the hospital) docs are easier to hand out addictive meds because they figure the patient is not long on this earth anyway.   Don't know if its true or not but thats what one nurse said.   As with everything, though, there are probably docs who do that and docs who don't.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.