Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

VICODIN ADDICTION

IM SCARED IM ADDICTED TO VICODINS AND IM ONE 2 MONTHS PREGNANT I WAS TAKIN 9-11 A DAY BUT NOW THANK GOD IM TRYING TO TAPER DOWN IM TAKIN 6-9 I KNOW I CAN DOIT BUT IM REALLY SCARED WITH THE WITHDRAWL CAN SOMONE PLS TELL ME HOW I CAN I DOIT WITHOUT MINIMAL PAIN PLS HELP
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
THANK U SO MUCH FOR ALL UR ADVICE I THINK I AM GOING TO TELL MY DOC EVEN DO IM AM TAPERING DOWN I USED TO TAKE 3 EVERY 3 TIMES A DAY NOW I TAKE 1 AND HALF I KNOW GOD IS WITH ME ITS HARD BUT IM TRYING MY BEST WHAT REALLY BOTHERS ME MORE IS THE FACT THAT I CANT SLEEP ANYONE KNOWS WHATS GOOD FOR THAT I TRIED BENADRYL BUT NOP NO GOOD THANK U
Helpful - 0
hey,
Im in the same boat as yourself.  I was on pain meds bc ofn my back before my pregnancy, and once I became pregnant, they kept me on a strict dose.  I am 27 wks pregnant, and am tapering at this point.  The only consistent thing my docs have told me about pain meds and pregnancy is that as long as you are taking it as prescribed, it is a class B med, which is safe.  Its when people are getting pills from someone other then their doc, or begin taking more, or if you are a high dose closer to the time of delivery, the baby has a chance of being born addicted and with repsitaory probs.  Tell you OB, they can refer you to a high risk place that sees this all the time.  Right now you being so early.  I would stay at a steady dose until  you get in with your doc, which I would do asap.  Then they should have an idea of how to taper you.  Have you had any probs with this pregnancy??
Helpful - 0
hi Jacky...

I'm afraid since you are pregnant I do not know, medically, which is the best way for you to get off of these.

but I urge you to please, please discuss with your MD, your OBGYN and/or any other medical professional you are seeing - ASAP - who can tell you the best way to handle this is.

do not be ashamed to ask them for help!!  for your health, and for your baby's health, i ask you to put any fear like that aside and get the help you need right away.

very, very likely, it will not be the first time they've heard it.  and the sooner you ask for help, the sooner you will feel better about taking some action.

you really CAN do this.  most of us thought we couldn't, and we are...

and we will be here to support you.

you can do it.. you really, really can.

warm regards,
mj

Helpful - 0
Hi there,

As a mom-to-be you really have no choice.  You MUST get help.  Fetal development in the early stages is so critical.  Please call your doc immediately and get the help you need for yourself and your baby.

All my best,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Hi.  I just read your problem and realize that you are in a real predicament.  My opinion is that you should tell your doctor for your safety as well as your child's.  I will pray for you!
Helpful - 0
YOU can do this i relapsed but i got off vicodens in my second trimester.  i was taking about 6 to 9 a day.  hot baths really helped me and because your pregnant you have an excuse to lay around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did it because i knew if my baby came out and tested for opiates they would take him away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  that kept me going.  and what ever you do do not go back on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  after i had a wonderfully heathly son i went back after i was done breastfeeding for about 4 months, now i am taking about 25 to 35 10 mg a day.  thats  sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but i am in the process of getting off. and with gods help for good!!!!
Helpful - 0
Coming from a guy with 8 beautiful, healthy children,I want you to run, not walk to get help.  Your priority is your child as well as yourself.  YOU have a choice, your child doesn't.  Don't do this on your own, please I beg you.  I have no idea what affect this could have on your unborn baby, but I would guess it won't be anything positive.  Please, please, please, don't give up.  Get help, stay strong, rely on your Higher Power.  All of us will keep you in our prayers.  Stay close to the forum and we will help when we can.  God Bless you and your beautiful gift of a child.  Dad
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
My heart goes out to you. This is bad enough without being pregnant. The first thing that comes to my mind is that you should really get some professional help, if you can. You have two people to take care of here. Please, do not do that alone. Post here frequently, the people here are great.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.