Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

pills and more pills

I recently was tested by my doctor for my meds. which is a long list of meds. oxycontine,soma,vicodine, Now I've taken this medicine for almost 3 years, and actually sometimes abuse it..and run out....but can any one answer me this question. WHY , when I was tested, it came back negative for my medicine.??? Has this ever happened to any one else? So, the results, no more pills for my back.....so what do I do?  I'm panicky because I only have enough pills left for one week, can doctors just "take you off your meds?" Maybe he's in trouble for writing so many scripts?. I don't know, but I'm in a tizzy here, will I go nuts without my meds?.....will I go through withdrawal?.....HELP....what should I do. Thanks for taking the time to read this....hope you have some good advice....need help desperately.....
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow, thanks for responding. I did demand another test, and was refused..actually he banned me from his office. he won't he give me my Celebrex.. or see me?.......this happened about 3 weeks ago, I have one week of pills left....but, I was able to get into the pain clinic, thank you LORD...and I will demand a blood or urine test. just to prove that I am taking my meds...I guess this happened to another lady too..I don't want to ever be put in this position again, worried if your going to have a pill. So when I go to the pain clinic, I'm going to ask him to get me off this stuff....I'm sure there is other ways to treat a back injury.. therapy? surgery?. something....I never ask for this medicine and had no idea until lately what I was taking.  I think he should have explained what he was putting me on, all he said to me was, promise you won't cut this pill in half???????  ok, no big deal, I can do that....I had no idea it was a narcotic. geesh.  my strongest pill has been a tylenol. lol. to go from that to oxycontin/ vicodine was serious....oh well, now I know....now I want off this stuff.....if I have to do it alone, I will.....  
Helpful - 0
Yes, my pain management doc tests all his patients once a year.  I would definitely say that it must be wrong and you need another test done.  I don't know if it's legal for him to just up and leave you hangin' but I would definitely check into that also.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and post here as much as you can.  Everyone here is very understanding and supportive.  You will definitely need it if he just cuts you off like that.  If he does, definitely go to another doc and get your meds to at least taper off of them if that is the route you go.

God bless,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
I was told for hydrocodone to show up in a standard drug test you have to have like 2500 mg in you system... which is totally not even possible.  I take soma, perc's and xanax EVERYDAY and just took a drug test for work.  NOTHING showed up.
Helpful - 0
sometimes going cold turkey can be very dangerous.  Demand more testing.  Some people deal with it better than others.  If you aren't getting the answers you need from this doctor, there are others out there.  This is your life.  You need to take control of it.  One thing I learned in treatment is that the only person you can control is YOU.  Don't give up.  We're always here for you.  God Bless, Dad
Helpful - 0
I totally agree with FLaddict, I've seen many time testing labs mix-ups. From sending the wrong urinalysis to doing the wrong blood work I even had a the wrong ultra sound of my kidneys sent to my Dr. with my name on it and was treated inappropriately until they caught it, So I would absolutely demand another test. Best of luck to you.
Gypsy
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I am assuming since the test was negative and he didn't see meds in your system. He probably is assuming you are selling your meds.. You should demand another test... I don't know the laws of whether or not he can pull you off them or not.. maybe maybe not.. look into it..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.