Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Day 16... whoo hoo!!!!

Day 16 off of Suboxone, Day 26 off of Hydro... Feeling good.. I have had some emotional stuff come up... stressful situations.. Hubby and I had a fight.. he did something irresponsible.. Work has been hard lately.. My neck pain that induces cluster headaches and nerve pain is flared up.. I am more than likely having a biopsy on Monday that may lead me to be off my feet for a day or two.. kinda scared too.. But I have put if off long enough.. Lots going on.. and alot to handle emotionally.. And with the biopsey.. makes me kick myself for not quitting smoking yet... I probably have skin cancer and here I sit.. chain smoking.. makes me feel guilty..

I am not having any cravings except for yesterday when I woke up in pain like I did... in the past I would have ate a pill and a muscle relaxer, called outta work, and crawled back into bed.. I am trying to learn to function with my pain and not just give up. So I took 4 motrin a soma and took a really hot shower.. was late for work but in the past I wouldn't even have attempted it.. So I am making progress... overall it feels good to not be on pain pills...
I hope everyone is having a better night.. Remember tommorrow is a new day so if you haven't quit yet... there is still time. If you are in the middle of detoxing.. you may feel better tomorrow..

XOXO
Stephanie
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ive been a reasonable amount of pain for a few days, after being told ibuprofen can have side effects (ulcers and tinea) im trying not to take any, nothing, nada.

2 days now, lots of headaches, pain in my neck (litterally) back pain, but i have noticed its ALL  becoming less and less.

im hopeful that a few more days of this and i will be completely pain free. my body and mind will naturaly deal with whatever is bugging me.

i hope so anyway, i dont want to have to take 1200 mgs of ibuprofen daily forever.

i want off, now.

Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
As always, thanks for posting your success.  I need it, I really do.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Thanks Connie... I feel stronger today... yesterday was a test... I was so scared to open my eyes this morning for fear I would feel the same way.. Luckily I was 50% better... The motrin helped... and like I said above I don't make a habit out of soma, because as it was pointed out above the are addicting.. luckily I only have to take one of those once every month or two.. and one does the trick for that day.. generally flexiril is my only muscle relaxer.  Soon I will get a MRI and hopefully get into some sort of PT program.. when I am strong enough I want to hit some pilates classes... I am too young to be this out of shape... I am skinny but not it shape... I would rather weigh more and be in shape than be 98 lbs and not have any strength...

Lady, I am so proud of you and I am cheering for you in your corner... You are so strong to get away from these patches... not once have you said 'Poor me"  this was something you had no control or choice over and you took it by the reigns and are getting stronger by the day...
Thank you for being my friend..
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Your a strong lady and I had no doubt that you would make it. I'm sorry about the headaches. I've had a headache all day but mine are usually sinus related and aren't nearly as painful. I hope you can get some rest tonight and wake up feeling better in the morning.

Hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
BTW, FLaddict, congrats on day 16. I know you must feel fantastic inside.

I am getting close to beginning a taper myself. Haven't set a date just yet, but am working on myself mentally. Basically, I just beat myself up any time I take some pills. Worked when I quit smoking, so thought I'd give it a shot w/the pills too. Have too much going on w/work and especially at home right now to be able to handle the stress of quitting, but as soon as I get a few things tidied up, I WILL quit.

Everything in its proper time, as they say.

Helpful - 0
Here you are, drug addicts on an addiction forum, and are calling men irresponsible!  :))))

You do see the irony in that, don't you?

Please take that in the spirit it was intended, as a joke. Were we all sitting around a campfire I wouldn't have to explain myself, but on internet forums, and especially this one with all of the "problems" today, I feel the need to.

I am seriously just kidding y'all.

I am a man, and an addict, so I've got irresponsibilty written all over me!

Helpful - 0
Sorry dude, didn't really think about any men being on here tonite.  My bad.  And just for the record, I was completely responsible with my abuse of hydros...........LOL
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I only take the soma when nothing else has worked for my neck... I try everything else first.. I have never ever had a problem with muscle relaxers. I only take them when I am blind with pain.. luckily doesn't happen very often.

Thank you for your concern though... I prefer flexiril but it didn't work this time..
Helpful - 0
LOL...I know exactly what you mean. I am an "expert addict". Damn good at it. Was just thinking the other day that if I would put all of the energy into some other areas of my life, mainly like work, that I do into my addiction, I'd be at the top in no time.

Heck, if I put the money I spend into something else, I'd have plenty of grown up toys. As it is, I'm worried about losing my house. :(

Like I said, I'm definitely an expert at being an addict.

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
My hubby drove home while intoxicated the other night... so yes it fits in this case.. and he was late for work the next morning... He is in the dog house..

Good to hear you are about to start a taper... keep fighting.... it will beat you up but keep getting up and fighting back....

Thanks I do feel great inside... I am finding new ways to deal with my neck pain.. I hope that I can make it... little nervous about the biopsy on monday... afraid it will hurt like hades...

Helpful - 0
I thought you were clean from drugs????  but your still taking soma!!?

You can rationalize all you wan't......SOMA is an addictive and mind altering drug.

Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
whoo hoo is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have something to be proud of AND brag about...you go girl :)

it is good to hear of the progress you are making...especially dealing with the pain and following anxiety of yesterday morning.   you did it girlie...welcome to my world...hehe.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!!  I about the hubby thing........most of the time irresponsibility is a known trait of the male species!!  Hang in there.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.