Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Recovery time

Wow!   What a difference in "oldtimers" who have worked a program here as opposed in meetings!   Oldtimeers in meetings see newcomers  (as many who are 30 days or less) as the most important people in the room!!!   Not here though.....they seem to seen as some kind of threat!!!    

They ARE important to me and even though my days of drug-free are a little under 30 days I still have enough recovery in me to see that.  

So sad.

People who think they are  "oldtimers"  please remember this..... Abstinence DOES NOT equal RECOVERY!

On the bright side........at least none of you "so called oldtinmers" are representing NA!

Oh there are oldtimers who aren't working a program, are clean, and are doing all kinds of thieving and worse.   But those who honestly work the steps and are clean KNOW BETTER than to behave like I have seen people behave today.

Lets all pray or do whatever we do to recover and start again tomorrow.

tzt
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I am trying to get off Oxy, 40-5X day. Am a bona fide "pain patient" and am on SSD for the pain but am so tired of the drugs, at first they helped me but as I built up a tolerance now they control me. I don't know if I'm addicted or dependent, my doctor tells me that I'm dependent but I think it's more. Either way, my body craves this drug and goes into withdrawal without it so do the words really matter? All I know is that I've seen my life go downhill since I've been taking them. I used to feel so strong and outgoing and now I feel pathetic.
  I've been wanting to go off it for a long time, it doesn't help the pain anymore so why take it? Now I just take it to feel "normal" and to be able to function. The last straw was a few weeks ago when I got a generic from a different pharmacy because my pharmacy was out and had a severe reaction to it. Tried to go off C/T for a weekend but couldn't, ended up in the ER on Monday when a friend found me. I BEGGED the ER doc to put me in detox and he said no, that I needed to take my meds. Went to my pain doctor the next day, I don't like or trust him, asked him about rehab and he got all snotty and said that rehab was for addicts and I'm not "rehab material". He was so mean! He used to be so nice, I was one of his first patients and he really took time to try and help me, but now he is running a pill mill and I'm lucky if he spares 30 seconds on me. He's done some things that really make me afraid of him, but he's the only pain doctor in the area who would take me on with my other medical conditions and insurance (Medicare). I feel trapped with him, and I'm scared.
   I've been told by many other doctors that pain management is the best I can hope for with my conditions, I can't take any NSAIDS, not even an aspirin because I'm on Coumadin. Still, I dream of going into his office one day with a full bottle of Oxy and saying, "To **** with you, I don't need you anymore!" Now I'm trying to wean myself off the Oxy but it's SO HARD, the pain is a nightmare and even with weaning I feel the withdrawal. But I want so badly to get my life back!
   Sorry this was so long, this was just the tip of the iceberg, too. I spent almost all night reading previous posts and you all seem so nice and kind. I've been a moderator on some big pain boards before, I've helped so many people but I just can't anymore, I have so much empathy for others but right now I'm the one that needs help. Oh, I started therapy a few weeks ago but we haven't talked about the problem yet. Thank you for reading.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
txt,

Oh well that just gave me the laugh of the night, as you stated:

"I mean we are not on the "mental health utopia site" lol!!! I only say that cuz you know how psycho I can be!!!lol!!!"

Lots of love, smiles and one big laugh! - God, I'm so glad we all have each other here!!!

Your too much and I Love It..!!!   (-:

Love,
Todd
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
tztlady

Once agian, very true word of wisdom...and I will definitly be in on THIS Prayer!

You spoke very well, and from your heart!

God Bless!

Love,
Todd
Helpful - 0
Sleep well my friend.

tzt
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
txtlady...

sleep, you, and I are out here in So. Ca...remember!

and it is the weekend...so you don't have to teach tomorrow!

So how is going to sleep? (-:  - LOL

Love Ya!

Todd
Helpful - 0
I thought you were going to sleep.....are you kidding?   I'm wide awaked and pumped (well figuratively) cuz I just got home about an hour ago from a great dinner with friends.

What a day here, though.    Its all good,,,,,we have a great group here for the most part and I guess thats about all one can expect, right?

I mean we are not on the "mental health utopia site" lol!!!  I only say that cuz you know how psycho I can be!!!lol!!!
Helpful - 0
You guys make me laugh!!!!

luv,

me
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
We had an agreement with FLaddict and Medhelp that this kind of talk would end for tonight. Let's not make it so hard on her.
Helpful - 0
I am going to bed now but I thought I would pop by and say hello. I read your post below. Yes, please stay here!!! That would be awful if you left. Goodnight and sleep tight! Talk to you tommorow. Ggin35
Helpful - 0
I think we can all be a little nuts! lol

Addiction utopia - would would have thought??

luv,

me
Helpful - 0
Did I say something wrong?

Was I not supposed to talk about dinner with friends?  Or was it the "how psycho I can be" remark?   Or anything followed by a "lol"???

Seriously,   I don't understand what I said wrong, please enlighten me as to the agreement.

Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
txt..

This is a public forum,

.... and we are all enjoying each other's company and of coarse Suppoting our (((( SHELBY )))) and having laughs!

You did not offend anyone! Your supporting, people who need suppot..!

I checked the rules, it's okay to talk and support others (and even about dinner)

Lots of Love for you and ALL..

Todd
Helpful - 0
Oh good.  

I think Lonote went to bed.............I really like lonote, she is cool and she likes "blues" music!   Now that is recovery in a song right there, let me tell you!!!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
txt,

Yeah I just posted and said night night to Cathy....but the "blues music"...I have to be in a good mood for that! - LOL

Shelby- Where you at, I lost you in the forum - LOL, come jump up here!

Love ya!
Todd
Helpful - 0
Honey I hate to say I am going to take a bath and hopefully sleep (see above post).

Long day.

love you so much!
Helpful - 0
You know what i don't understand: why is it that you get scolded by ladysundown for speaking your mind but she can speak hers in earlier posts. It is ok for some to post and chat with each other in small clicks but when new people do it - IT IS WRONG. Yes this an addiction board but come on people deal with addiction deal with it in different ways i.e. chatting, songs, jokes etc. Are we suppose to be like robots and do what you want. Read back a few days a few came on "old timers" and chatted with each other talking about stuff yet when "newbies" do it - it is not the place. I feel like it is high school here senoirs vs. freshmen. I think we are past the age were we can stop the nonsense and talk freely to whom we want. Another thing that bothered me is why is it that "newbies" get scolded for not posting to everyone but honestly i don't see anyone else posting to everyone either.

As my mom says "PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH" - I just feel like in order for us to become one group we need to show a little bit more compassion and tolerance toward others.

Kind regards

Alex
Helpful - 0
I will pray with you!  Thank you for that post and thank you especially for always being so strong and supportive.  It means a great deal to so many of us.

me
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.