Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

We've all been "Newbies"

We've all been there!  This is the one thing I hope we will never forget. I truly miss the "oldtimers" I met when I came here crying for help. They talked me down and were firm but caring!  There was Beachtowel, the Rock, Fladdict, Addicted Lovers, Mariyah2, Minnie11, 1911, Mangee, CATUF, Vicaddict, Oxysbliss, Creek, Addcited2Lortab, TINK!!!, and so many others that escape me but had so much to do with helping me at my weakest!  The point some of us were trying to make is that posts are getting lost and pushed down to the bottom, people that are crying out for help, and some people just throw a random post or tow a=at them and say they always welcome newcomers!  I am not on as much and I try to catch up and have learned to weed through the many many posts from these exclusive individuals to one another. It's not just one, but so many!  We all talk to certain ones more than others, but I never saw anything like this when I started.  People were ALL inclusive as we all have tried to be currently, only to be bombarded by the inane bantering back and forth and losing those posts of "newbies" who really need support!

Mom2Rachie, I wholeheartedly agree with what you said and FLaddict, you truly are an inspiration and I don't mean to make your job more difficult, but if Medhelp cannot see what is really going on here and that these people keep bringing this up over and over (just look at the most recent posts!)then that's really a shame.

Good Luck to all who are struggling and there really is a better life sober! This forum was so instrumental in helping me and others and I hope everyone can get what they need!
Peace,
Marcie:)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was referring to your prior posts about being poor representatives for NA! Don't act so taken aback by my comment!
Helpful - 0
Oh, did I appear to be fighting or attempting to fight?   No truce needed here, I was just making a comment.   Wow.
Helpful - 0
You are totally missing the point! Whatever!  TZT you do post to others, I didn't necessarily mean you! This is a great forum....I'm just expressing my opinion as are you! I do not intend to be a troublemaker today! Okay? Truce!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Hey there you!!!   Guess what?  I feel good today but am really worried about Steve.   All we can do is pray and turn it over to the Higher Power/God/Creator.

It is a beautiful day here in sunny San Diego and I really must go out and get some sun soon.

Sorry you had a tough day yesterday, hon.   I am so glad you are here.  We have a solid group here and I feel so honored and blessed to be a part of it.

tzt
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
You have spent a lot of time trying to make things work. I don't know who could ask for anything more. You know, what people say can hurt. Especially if it's just in a mean way. Personally, I love your posts. You have stuck it out through so much change and still found a way to try to adjust. That's all you can do. We all know how wonderful you are.
Hugs.....LS
Helpful - 0
221016 tn?1196973461
Hey there!!!

How are you doing today? I had a tough day yesterday but today is a new day.
I hope all is well with you!!!

Tim
Helpful - 0
I don't see those crying out for help getting ignored (???)  They usually are answered by several people with various "post-here-lengths-of-time"

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.