Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

28 days

Well it has been 28 days since my last pill. Yet i still crave them like mad. when will it end. I JUST DON'T KNOW. Feeling kind of sad and blue for the past few days but i don't know why. I have been kind of turned off by the drama on here. I kind of stayed away for a bit posting every now and then. I guess i don't understand the fuss on why we can't post what makes us feel better i.e. jokes. I mean on day 1 if it wasn't for the conversation and on day 16 or so if it wasn't for the convo about movies with grievingwidow i would have USED. It took my mind off of pills. I think it is important to remember that we are all addicts and different things take our minds off of things. When i can't answer a question by another member i dare not attempt to because i don't want to give mis-information as fact. I guess im just feeling like people attack each other over silly things when we should support each other no matter what. I am just confused as to what we can and can not post to each other - it is hard when you don't have someone's email or aim. It justs seems like it is ok for some people to have conversations yet when others do it is not acceptable. I like chatting with people on here it grounds me and makes me feel like i am not alone. Maybe this is why i am so sad?? i don't know but anyways i hope people don't jump down my throat about this....i needed to get this off my chest.  
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congrats on day 28! Man, that is awesome. The cravings will continue for awhile, but always remember that they physically don't last very long, anout 10 mns or so for hydro. Get through those few mins. by doing whatever. It's not a race.

As for the other, I agree with FLaddict. It's not just one or two posts that are the problem. It'ds the amount of psts that seems to be giving most, myself included, a problem. It's one thing to mke a single good morning post, but why not incluse all you want to say that to in one post? Some, not saying you as I don't keep up with who's doing what, will make several posts, all with the same message, several times.

Another thing I don't get, and I've seen this on many of the sports boards I'm a memer of, why make a post trelling someone they have an email? Surely, if they're on the internet, they're checking they're email?

Anyway, congrats again!

Helpful - 0
Sorry for all of the spelling/grammar errors in my previous post. Nothing irks me more than to read a post in which someone can't seem to properly form a sentence, a paragraph, or correctly spell. I never say anything to anyone about it as it's just a personal thing with me. I almost always check my posts for errors before posting, but was hurrying on this last one.

I guess I'm anal on that issue.  :)

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Man I am anal about stuff like that also... drives friends of mine crazy... My hubby is worse than I am though..I correct peoples spelling all the time..

Glad to know I am not the only one...:)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the encouragement. I know 28 days WOW.... FLaddict that makes sense. I can definitely see your point. I guess i needed to hear the other side ofthe argument to kind of weigh in the pros and cons. You are right because of the posts some people's post do get lost in the shuffle. At least now i understand your feelings and those of others. Thank for you "kindly" explaining this to me.

Tz thanks for your kind words of encouragment. You truly are a blessing and inspiration to the forums.

kind regards

Alex
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
One thing you will never get from me is a "bashing" or a "scolding". I always appreciate peoples opinions and never ever judge anyone for what they think.. I am one however to also put my opinion out there.. like I did.. and I attempt to do it in a adult way..

I enjoy some of the banter and topics that we discuss here... I just feel that it should be 90% recovery/addiction and 10% off topic stuff.. If we get too far away from our purpose of helping others and getting support for ourselves then the balance isn't there when a new person or someone having a tough time comes along..

Again congrats on your 28 days.... you are rocking this out..

XOXO
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
congrats on the 28,

the whole world has been at each others throat since the begginning of time,

unfortunately, its not going to be any different here,

acceptance is key ;)
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your 28 days!!!   I know how very hard you have worked for it and you deserve the best of all.     Words can hurt and they can heal.   I know that there have been times when I wanted to throw in the towel and I would come here and people would just be chatting away, happily, and I would end up smiling.   Conversation is good.  I see nothing wrong with it.   I've been in recovery for a long time and what got me back into active addiction is NOT hanging out with other addicts who were clean or trying to get clean.   So I think what we have going here is good and is helping many.
So glad you are a part of it!

Hugs to you

tzt
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Congrats on your 28 days... alot of times cravings come from the fact that the pain receptors in the brain have not healed yet.. this will come with time..

As far as the other thing.. I think its that the amount of jokes, off topic conversations are getting out of hand.. I don't feel that they are being kept to a mininum.  Some days its hard to find posts that are related to addiction and recovery... I do agree that jokes and light hearted conversations are good to keep people going and from feeling depressed. I am sure if we can keep them contained in a smaller amount of posts this will not be a problem in the future.. We will all just have to compromise a little to keep this site up and running and close to the purpose of it.. This is of course my opinion of what I have seen over the past few days..

Hope you have a great Sunday

XOXO
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.