Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fladdict Becca Ann GOD PLEASE READ HELP ANYONE

OH MY GOSH I HAVE A 30 A DAY HABIT.  LAST TWO DAYS TOOK 15.STARTED TO WEEN, MY HUSBAND JUST FLUSHED ALL AND I MEAN ALL MY PILLS DOWN THE TOILET.  I HAD THEM IN AN OUTDATED LAXATIVE BOTTLE AND MY HUSBAND HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WHERE, HE WAS AFRAID OUR 1 YEAR OLD WOULD GET INTO THEM.  I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SCARED WHAT THE HELL AM I IN FOR?  I WILL NOT GET ANY MORE PILLS UNTILL NEXT MONDAY.  MY SISTER IN LAW SAID SHE COULD GIVE ME 30 OF HER 5MG HYDRO'S. PLEASE I TAKE 4 TO 5 10MG AT A TIME.  SHOULD I TRY TO GO COLD TURKEY?  CAN YOU DIE FROM COLD TURKEY WITHDRAWLS?  I AM SO INSANE RIGHT NOW.  I AM 41 YEARS OLD AND UP UNTILL MY SON WAS BORN WAS A PERSONAL TRAINER, I AM IN GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT FOR MY INSANE HABIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN I EAT HEALTHY AND EXCERSISE BUT CAN I DO THIS SAFTLY?  PLEASE ADVISE.  I AM WILLING TO PUT UP WITH THE PAIN, I JUST DO NOT WANT TO SIEZURE OR SOMETHING

SCARED AS HELL
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Gosh!  I would be panic-stricken right now too.   You will do ok.  Hope posted a list of things that will help you.   You aren't on any benzos are you? like xanax or something similar?  Those aren't to be stopped suddenly.  Opiates will be uncomfortable to withdraw from but you will get through it (flu-like symptoms for 4-7 days plus or minus)

Keep posting, we are here for you.
tzt
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
The w/d's are just like having the bad flu, i am sure youhad that before, right?
Like i said it will only last like 4-5 days (the w/d's)...

I will give you a list of things i used to help me

- Imodium (trust me, you'll need this)
- Bananas (has potasium, will help with the restless legs you will have at night)
- Long hot baths
- Vitamin B Complex
- Womans One A Day For Energy Pills (helps with the NO energy)
- Melatonin (sleeping pill) I didn't have this for the first 14 nights and let me tell you i got absoplutely NO sleep what so ever, think this was the hardest part for me.
- Heating Pad ( i used behind my neck at night and on my legs)

And as soon as you can, make youself WALK - I know it is hard (you will see) but make yourself, it will really help you alot!

Another thing, this site...Was and still is so amazing, if it weren't for this place i could have never made it those 14 days...You come here anytime just to talk and talk about how you are feeling, ok? There is usually always someone here. If you post and don't get an answer right away, don't worry someone will get to you soon. This place lets you talk to people and it will help you to know what to wxpect next. It is a very amazing place, i call it a LIFESAVER!!!

Post me anytime you want to, even if you feel like crying just to get it all out.
It truely helps!!

I wish you all the best
Keep me informed
Hopeless
All i could handle to drink was Gingerale, and dry toast to eat for the first few days.

Helpful - 0
were the w/d really bad? i am taking so much more.  I am so sorry you relapsed.  this **** sucks i wish none of us had to go thru this ****. please stay in touch and talk me thru it if its  is ok. can not talk at nite computer is in my husbands room and we have separe bedrooms.  maybe i can get him to switch for a couple of nites.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Wow... that is scary... You cannot die from opiate wd.. maybe its time to try cold turkey??  Can you take this week off from work??  I would go to GNC and buy vitamins, and hit the store for supplies.. You can do this.. it will not be a walk in the park but you will make it... The awful flu like feeling and aches will only last a few days... lots of fluids will help flush your system..

I wish I could do more to help... all I can do is give you a list of things to buy to make it a little easier if you like..

I am thinking of you

XOXO
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hey would this be a good time for suboxone?  Hey I had the ability to go back to work the next day comfortably??? maybe it's time for this?  
Helpful - 0
i would love to ease the pain with this suboxone but part of me wants to remember so i can stay sober.  But i am sure when i am more into the w/d,s i will be calling up my dr.

fishmeal,
thanx for just being there and not judging
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I know where you are coming from. I was taking anywhere from 8 -10 sometimes more a day for 4 years. I was taking percocets. I ran out and had to quit c/t on June 3rd. I went through major w/d that lasted about 4-5 days. I stayed clean all this time up until a few weeks ago then gave in again, but getting back on the right track again now.

Anyway, you will be ok...other than having the w/d's like i said they last anywhere from 4-5 days. You will have all the flu-like symptoms, the runs and won't be able to sleep. As well as very low energy.

Just make sure you have lots of

Imodium - for the tummy, & runs

I got "Melatonin" over-the-counter sleeping pill

There are other things that can help you get through the next few days also.

This is tough, but can be done. Just take it one day at a time, and get through the first 4 days or so and the rest will get easier with each day.

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.