Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 6!

I'm making it through.

Last night was very rough; I don't know why. The past two nights before last were very good, I slept without a problem or anything. Last night, though, I'm lucky if I got two hours of sleep. It was very exhausting. My stomach was on fire and in knots all night. :/

I think it was due to the fact that I only took 5mg of melatonin, instead of the 10mg I had been taking the past couple nights to try and put me out long enough to overcome the sickness. If anyone has any information as far as ambien goes, I'd like to hear it. I've got one 6.25mg tablet that I'm scared to use in this situation; mostly because of the "backfire effect", which I don't know if any of you have experienced, but it's when I, at least, take something that normally induces sleep, yet instead it produces a queasiness and unsettling feeling, almost to the same extent as to what I feel in my stoamch now with the withdrawals, and not getting any sleep whatsoever.

I'm doing very well as far as self discipline goes, though. On my first day of w/d I pocketed two 30/300 Tylenol 3 pills just for emergency. I'm scared to use them for fear of possible relapse. I know it's nowhere near what I used to be taking; when I was completely out of my normal stuff I'd take almost 5-6 of those just for a slight buzz, so it was strictly in case the symptoms became too bad that I couldn't handle it.

It's not as bad as I had thought, but it's still rough. I'm praying that it'll be over soon.

Anyway, I'm doing well, and I hope everyone else in the same boat as me does just as good!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
221182 tn?1199263667
Good syntis hang in their and don't take those codine because sometimes as addicts it's real easy to justify anything and cold is the only that has ever worked for me so I am always tellin folks to just stop taking the s**t but some people have a different way. And it works for them I guess as for myself if I take it then I ain't clean no matter how much convincing I try. The jury in my head always returns a guilty verdict even in this day and age of reason damn. It is a good day to still be alive no? blessings a-wakan
Helpful - 0
Great job! Day 6 and you are well on you way!  One suggestions, flush the Ty#3s....please. They will only tempt you and you are doing so well.  Do you have a plan in place to maintain your recovery?  Coming here is great but support groups or family support is also helpful.  I found getting clean is the easy part....(I've done this several times, only to relapse when I thought I was safe!)  We need to keep on fighting to stay clean because old habits die hard!

Good Luck and keep strong!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
I also kept pain meds around (there's still Ultracet in the drawer) because I wanted to make myself know that there was relief if it got too bad, and that I was stronger than them. Looking back, I think I would have been better off flushing it all, but that's just me. Good luck, you can beat this.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.