Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

suboxone wd's how long?

does any one know how long it takes to cold turkey suboxone? i just cant afford it
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
Well, if u have made it 48 hrs..then just take it as u need it. Try and wait as long as u can and take as little as u can. Keep doing that until you dont need it....I know you can do it...Good luck to you..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
thanks lisa im gonna try.
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I believe sub has a halfl ife of 72 hours or so.  If that's true then you woldn'tbe feeling any w/d until after the 3 day mark but like Lisa said, if you can wait until it's absolutely unbearable, you might be ok.
Although, since it works a little different than vics or percs or oxys, that might just defeat the purpose and oyu might as well go c/t.
The purpose is to block the receptors or something like that so unless you have a stready stream going in, it might not work as well.
Again, check in with Fladdict.  she is our resident epert and angel!!
Helpful - 0
thanks i just wonder if anyone has done it
Helpful - 0
hopefully you can help me.im terrified
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
From here I would wait until symptoms start then take 2-4mgs every 12-24 hours as needed... after a week go to every other day.. then every 3 days.. You should be able to do this with the pills you have left.. stopping Sub without tapering can produce some serious methodone like WD's.. You were on too high of a dose in my opinion.. that gets expensive.. I used Sub for 10 days and started tapering on my 3rd day..  I was on 6-7 mgs a day for the first 2 days.. the reason docs put you on that high of a dose is to makes sure all your receptors are blocked so you can't use in the early days while on it.. there is no theraputic value to being on doses that high..
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
If you are going to go c/k then you will experience w/d. Have you ever gone through w/d before? If so, then you should know what to expect....somewhat..maybe not as bad...depends on how much and how long you have been on sub.

Fladdict, one of the forum members, can help you more with this. She has just finished Suboxone..and is 17 days clean.She can give u the best advice.

Good luck to you...

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Is there any way you have enough to taper? Fladdict is the best one to talk to about this but I think she is off for a little while...she will be back later though as she faithfully checks in.  Hopefully someone else is here that has used sub and can give you better info.  Beach are you still here?????? Maybe you know!

How much are you on per day? How much do you have left?  These are ???that others may want to know to better help you.

I hope we can help you!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
thanks evry one its nice to have people who at least understand. im on 24 mg a day for the last month i have 79 8mg pills left and havent taken any for 48hrs.i still feel fine but i know theres got to be some trouble around the bend.
Helpful - 0
my doctor told me that it was normal to take that much. i dont believe him thats why i want out. have you quit yet?
Helpful - 0
what do you reccomend to help as far as suppliments
ps-thanks for your resonse
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I only took it for 10 days... I have been off now for 18 days... I feel good, I did taper very low b4 stopping..
Your doc told you that was normal because at high doses like that all of the pain receptors are full and you can't use in the first couple day if you change your mind about getting clean.. at lower doses the blocking affect doesn't work as well..

Like I said I would taper off with some of the pill you have left.. maybe 2 weeks.. IF you stop now at this high of a dose I am scared you will suffer greatly..

Taking B-vitamin complex helps many.. also a good multi mineral vitamin.. due to our digestive tracts being so sluggish many of us do not absorb the nutrients we need.. Starting those will help.. IF you are interested in possibly starting some amino acid therapy to help get your brain function back on track I can give you more info on that..

I am here if you need me... ask away.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.