Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
216878 tn?1196037520

Mj,Shel,Lisa,Tim,Ionote and all (Scary Day 4 Me)

Morning all...

Don't know how today is going to turn out for me, i am really scared!

As i told you all last week i slipped and started using again.
(Stupid me) but anyway now i am out - i knew this would happen!

So now i am getting ready to contact some Dr's around me to see about getting some help, (maybe with Sub) who knows...

I am so scared to pick up this phone to make that call, i am ashamed and scared what they might do/say to me. But i know i need to do this - this is going to be the only way i can get the help i need.

God guys, i went 14 days (without nothing) if i wouldn't have slipped i would be pretty much out of the woods by now. It would be my day 29 (This is so depressing to me) Arrgghh!!!!!

Oh well, here i go...gotta start making these phone calls now. I will let you all know how it goes! God, i am scared and nervous!

Hope you are all doing well, i miss all of my wonderful friends. I will be back soon...

xoxo
Me - Hopeless
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
HONEY...you can certainly do it. If you want, I will make calls for you, I swear I will. The dr.s will be helpful. You can look up Suboxone drs. if your area. Then make calls. THey will help you if that is what you want to do. I know you can do it. I have every ounce of faith in you. You are so much more stronger than you think you are. We all love you and are here for you. ALWAYS....Please, let me know if there is anything you need. I am here...

Love you...Lisa
Helpful - 0
Relapse happens - don't be to hard on yourself. Though I know it is hard not to...

If I hadn't relapsed a few weeks back, I'd be on day 60 of my most recent WD attempt. If I hadn't relapsed 1 week after my first *real* attempt to quit - tomorrow would mark my 1 year anniversary. Yet here I am, at Day 2 again, for probably the 20th time.

In the past, my thing was *I wasn't ready, but I'm going to try again*. This last time, I honestly believe if it wasn't for my accident, I would have made it. We have to keep trying, and not get to caught up in the mistakes.

As for the Suboxone - I wish you luck. I wasn't able to take them, I had way too many side effects. I think I still have about 22 from my original rx, that for some reason I haven't been able to force myself to throw away. Possibly fear of a major relapse.

I think an inpatient clinic would do me wonders. I think if I could go somewhere for 2-3 months, I would recover without falling back (excluding dangerous drivers :(  ). However, I'm currently not able to do this, without destroying my life, more than my addiction has done so already (job, home, possibly family) - so anyway, I suffer over and over again - hoping the next time will be it... and ya know what, I feel this time will be it for me - and I hope this will be yours as well!
Helpful - 0
I'm here hon.  I hope you get the suboxone so you will know  what fish and I hae been talking about. Depends how honest you are with your doctor that
will bring you  the route you end up going, and if you take the one that gets you the pills it will be another set back for you. But coming clean with the doc is  scarry as hell, cuz he;s your hook-up. God bless you sweetie, what ever you do I still love ya! But I'd give my left arm for you to feel the froodom that fish and I feel without  having those thoughts  about the bottle getting lower etc.etc. Good luck honey!                Cathy
Helpful - 0
221016 tn?1196973461
Don't be scared and no one will judge you at the doctors office. I am thinking about going the same route myself. Keep me posted and let me know what happens. I think this might do the trick for you.

(((hopeless)))

Tim
Helpful - 0
good luck honey...

you know, once you start talking about it - with the Dr's - you might be surprised... it might feel more "freeing" than scary 'cause you are giving it some "voice" if that makes sense.  maybe it won't feel anymore like this big bad secret you've been having to hold in.

maybe you'll feel some relief from.. surrender.

i don't know.  just a thought and i really should have more coffee before i post... :-)

luv you.. you're gonna be fine.  just do it.....

xoxox
mj
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Aww Lisa - You are too kind...I just made one phone call  and the person i need to talk to is out, she said to call back in 20 min.

It was hard when i called and had to say "I need help" i told her i was addicted to pain meds and tried quitting but having a really hard time. She asked me if i was calling about getting on the Sub i told her i think so, i said whatever will work best for me...

So i have bout 15 more min. then gotta call again. This sucks though, cause i have no insurance and she told me it is very expensive. I told her i will pay cash, OMG hope it's not too much - hubby will kill me!

OK Lisa, if this Dr. don't work out for me, or sound like they are willing to help me, then i got a list of a few more to call...

I will give you the numbers....LOL - I can't believe how hard this is for me, just to pick up the freakin phone....

Luv you girl
Hopeless

Hey Whenwillitend,
I am so sorry to hear how many times you have had to go through this, this is awful. This is a very hard thing to go through, i guess we all  have our relapse, but it is ok, we are going to get through this - one day at a time...

I wish you all the best...

What kind of problems did yu have with the Sub? I need to find out everything i can about this stuff...I am hoping that it will help me with the cravings, i know nothing about it...FLaddict told me alot about it last night, and that really helped. Just like to hear what others have to say about this..

Anything will be helpful...

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Hey guys,

Thanks so much...

Yes i think by being totally honest with the Dr. is going to help me alot...I am going to tell him everything and i mean everything - cause i really want help, i want off these things, like right NOW!

MJ - yes sweetie, you make sense! I feel this will help me alot, just by letting me spill my guts...

Ionote - Luv ya too girl, and any advice you can give to me about this Sub i would appreciate it.. Like how does it make you feel? Will i still have those cravings? ect...ect...

Tim - Hi Flushin Bro, how are you? I will let you know how this turns out, i hope to God this works for me....I know i can't do this on my own anymore...

Love all of you
xoxo
Hopeless
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Hey Hun,

The Doctor i called is not my original dr.

This is one that deals with this kind of stuff....I have never been to this one before. The Dr. i was getting the percs of off is my family dr. i still have not told him yet...But thats ok, cause he wont give them to me anymore anyways.

Just wanted to let you know that, cause in your post you said something about getting them from the same dr...

Luvs ya hun
Hopeless
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
In talking about your relapse you said "i knew this would happen!

Think about that: You knew you would relapse and you did.  

What if just knew that you weren't going to use today, no matter what?  What if you paused to renew that knowledge every morning?  What if you paused to be grateful every night that it had been so?

Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I see what you are saying, i just know that i crave them so much...

I thought for sure after making it 14 days without taking anything that i would be just fine...I was telling myself all the positive stuff everyday wheni got up, I would say I don't need this, i am going to be fine, make it one more day - it worked for awhile, but then BOOM, all of a sudden the cravings got so bad, i tried not to take any, but i failed...

But i do see what you are saying..Thanks for your input..

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
How do they makeme feel?? hummmmm..... Kinda normal, and okay,
In your head as how the med work is explained to you, You program your self a subliminal message. If I take anything IT WON"T DO ANYTHING as far as
a buzz goes.Knowing this, theres no more bottle watching, preoccuied with
those thoughts and most of all the chase. no more. What a feeling..Its like magic, and now time to think about other things. Like you've been set free? I hope I made it sound alluring enough to ask about the suboxone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.