Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
195648 tn?1231812118

Finally!!

Ok al.  I made a decision.  I called a dr in my area (GREAT GUY) and am going to pick up my prescriptin for Subutex on Thursday morning.  
I know I can't go c/t again wile taking care of the baby and my husband works 19 hours a day so.............
Anyway, he was delightful and helpful and I am optomistic!!!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Congrats on your decision!!  I wish the best.  Good luck and God bless.

Sheri
Helpful - 0
Awesome! Great way to start off a bran new week. Things are looking up!!!
                   Cathy
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Thanks. I'm totally psyched!!
Helpful - 0
can you really get a script without going to a office visit??
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
It would not work... the buprenorphine in the sub tightly binds to your opiate receptors.. allowing no other opiate to get past...

For your sake I hope you are only on it for 6 weeks or so...  You should have no problem getting off of it in that amount of time.. I have just read some horror stories on other sites from people who felt they got hooked on their Sub.. their bodies became dependent on it.. and then Wd's were longer than other opiates..

Your doc sounds good though.. I am happy you are taking that step..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Good for you... is he gonna set you up with a taper plan??  Some docs don't so let me know... mine didn't I had to go off of the research I did on it.. You will like the Subutex it doesn't give you headaches for as long as the other does.. I did have a headache the first day on it but Motrin helped...

If you have any questions based on the research I did.. just ask
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Reagon, No.  It's a neighborhood pharm.  He called in the script and I bring it to his office.  I take the first 2 doses there and then he sends me home and I go in I think once or twice a week but I'm not sure.

FLaddict, He sid I would most likely be on it anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months depending on how much I wanted off.  He likes to do it very slowly.  He ONLY uses it as a way to come completely off.  He will not treat people who want to use it like methadone and as a maintanence drug.

Thanks.  I'msure I'll be asking you about it after that first visit.

So, just a quick one... if I were to take a pain killer (and I won't) but if I were to... would I get sick and it not work?  
That's my biggest fear... being inthe pain I'm often in and unable to treat it properly.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.