Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 2 (48 hours down - better than expected - awaiting a sneak attack)

Hello folks.

Well, I'm working on day 2. It is easier than usual - most of my Day 2's, I could barely walk to the bathroom every hour. Today, (while definately in the bathroom more than usual WDs) I've had enough energy to walk 2 miles when I first woke up. I have even been to the mall since then to buy a Bday gift for a family member.

Granted, I am having bad tummy pains, mild head ache, mild neck ache, my legs are starting to get sore, stuffy nose, etc... However, menally I'm feeling MUCH better than Day 1. Normally for me, the mental stuff doesn't start until Day 4, so yesterday I was scared when it started right away. Today was a nice surprise - I'm hoping to have an easier than usual WD.

This may be due to my recent relapse. In 6 weeks following my May WD, I had only had opiate's one day - than I took for the last 2.5 weeks. However, I never went more than 5/day (that's half to quarter my old amount), and I normally didn't take any after my morning dose. I took to help me work through the pain, and dealt with it at night.

So while I'm definately going through WDs, they seem mild to past one's - I wonder if this is due to the short period of time, or the way I took them?? I'm also wondering if I should prepare myself for the mental anguish that typically starts for me on day 4?? I hate the depression/dysphoric part. :(
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well thanks for the inspiration. I suppose I should hope for the best (knowing the worse could happen, but not necessarily expected). We shall see. :)

Maybe my WDs will follow suit, and not be as major as past one's due to the less severe relapse.

My biggest fear was the relapse happened as the brain was in rebuild mode. I'll try to watch some comedies tonight, if I can laugh, that should be a good sign. :)

I'm really hoping I'm doing no worse tomorrow - I have a bunch of people that would like to go to the movies. I don't want to blow off my friends again - I'm sure they're getting sick of my "I'm sick" excuses. heh
Helpful - 0
How wonderful for you!!   Stay positive and maybe it won't be so bad, you know they say that attitude is 95% of everthing.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
We are all different and when I relapsed I wasn't on as may as my detox in Feb. I still felt a little crappy but nothing like I experienced in Feb.  Had all the symptoms, but a much more mild case....the depression wasn't nearly as debilitating. I think fearing the oncoming w/d was the worst part of this for me. Maybe that's why you felt so down on Day 1....I guess we could call it  "a feeling of impending doom"? (So morose!LOL)  I hope this does go a bit easier for you! You will get through this like a champ!
Peace,
Marcie:)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.