Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Does Ultram cause depression?

I am on Ultram for pain and Vicodin withdrawal. I wonder if it's causing me to be more depressed. I know certain SSRI's didn't agree with me. Doesn't Ultram do something with your seratonin also?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Ultram does raise serotonin levels.. if SSRI'S  have not agreed with you in the past then this could be why, You shouldn't be taking it too much longer though right??
Helpful - 0
I am so ready to start doing the sub. If I wasn't in so much pain I would stop taking the Ultram but everytime I try to go witout my back starts killing me.
Helpful - 0
but I would stay away from Ultram if at all possible. To me it may become a crutch and take the place of the vicodin. I have been addicted to Ultram for 11 years and it is harder to kick because it is so easy to get and the Dr's don't even realize how addictive they are. I was always so moody and testy and yes depressed and didn't even realize it. Good luck
Helpful - 0
Don't worry about it singha! I need all the advice I can get. I'm sure your right. But why would we become addicted if it makes us feel so awful? Vicodin makes me feel good. This stuff makes me feel like a crazy person! Or just extemely depressed and panicked. It does very well at killing my back pain but that's it. Even if it is addicting I won't miss this feeling!
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
I used Ultracet for a bridge between when I could get Oxy. So, I know I abused the drug. BUT, I also used it as a replacement for the first 2 days of my c/t. I don't know if it prolonged me wd's or helped, but with the clonidine I was given, it helped I think.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.