Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
220965 tn?1189755823

Has anybody heard this?

I googled PAWS today and read info off several websites. Anyway one website said if someone is so depressed that anti-depressants don't work some form of opiates may be prescribed. So I am thinking that both meds effect the same part of the brain.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If you are 15 days out it is not really PAWS - - paws will try to nail you after a period of months....... stay very strong. The mental end of this is really much harder than the strict physical withdrawals.
Helpful - 0
434480 tn?1242655746
im going through PAWS right now. it has been 15 days since my las tuse of anyopiate or  sub still feel crappy but trucking along
Helpful - 0
224049 tn?1204591115
Yes  I heard about this Dopamine being thew thing we get when taking opoids.I haveheard that effexor helps with both dopamine and serotonin.This is just what I heard  Rlj
Helpful - 0
224049 tn?1204591115
Yes  I heard about this Dopamine being thew thing we get when taking opoids.I haveheard that effexor helps with both dopamine and serotonin.This is just what I heard  Rlj
Helpful - 0
Went thru Paws, aint no joke and very real, don't even want to recall the memories! Didn't take anything for PAWS, but suffered from memory loss, depression(Major), Rage= any stupid thing would be a stresser, didn't know where me space was in this world! But then all comes back, bigger, stronger, funnier, realer(if that is a word), And you see see things SOOO crystal like, the pay off is soooo worth it!! WOW!!!

Not all will suffer PAWS, This is my third time around so that's probably why I suffered PAWS, the first 2 times never experienced them. Although this time I was on pain pills for over a year!?????

Good luck, stay informed, DO IT!!

LLL

C
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Did you get my email??  I sent it this afternoon... hope it helps... give it a try it certainly can't hurt right??
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
opiates are sometimes prescribed for chronic depression... not usually for people with a history of addiction though..they do work on similiar parts of out neurotransmitters.... dopamine and serotonin..
Helpful - 0
I've read up a lot on PAWS, but I don't remember reading anything like that.  Very interesting...
We'll have to check on this,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.