Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
216878 tn?1196037520

Dr. don't care! This is wrong! (should just give up)

Hi guys,

I did not go to my appointment today, like FLaddict told me yesterday by the time the dr. would actually be able to see me i would prob. be about done with the w/d's. So i cancelled my appointment.

I am feeling so sick today, just like i did the first day i quit. I have all the same symptoms and feel just awful. I am shaky, and so tired and weak. I am being very moody and just dont feel like talking to anyone. My family is trying to get me to do things, and i just cant! I want to hide in my bedroom...This is so terrible, God i hate me right now, for letting myself get this way again. I feel very angry - like i am mad at the freakin world.

The thing that sucks the most, is i know i need help, but don't know where to turn. Anyone i call (drs.) they all say the same thing, "We can't see you until next week" What the fu**? I am hurting and suffering like he** and no one in my area freaking cares. It's just like "Oh well, ok she is addicted to pain meds, but lets not help her" Arrgghh!!! People are so rude, i am begging for help to all kinds of dr's and they wont help me. This is wrong, it took alot for me to make these calls just to admit i have a problem, why can't i get help?

I am sick, and i know i did this to myself - but i want to get better. All i am asking for is help!! God, they are acting like i am asking for a million bucks or something, this is just wrong!

Hopeless
19 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i know im posting this days after u but ive been where u r a million times.im kind of there now,i just started suboxone.ive been there,no one wants 2 help.u call places and they tell u they cant c u 4 weeks.ya,like u can put your addiction on hold til theu can c u.to b admitted anywhere u have 2 say u want 2 kill yourself or someone else even if its a lie.its pathetic cuz there r rehabs verywhere full of people who dont want help but r court ordered,then people like us are begging 4 help and get none
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Thank you to all of you for recommending these options to me...

I am not sure we have an Urgent Care around here. I have been looking in the phone book and seen nothing like that...

If i have to maybe i will just to the ER...The worse that can happen is they tell me nothing they can do, right?

They won't send me to a rehab or anything wil they? I won't get into trouble either right?

Me
Helpful - 0
Honey... I am so sorry...

This is a holiday week, so it's a tough one.  Also.. I don't know how to put this another way except that your priority is not necessarily their priority...

I am SO SO sorry you are feeling bad.  And you DID ask for help - that's great!!!!  And you will get it!!  So do not give up!!!   It just may not be on exactly the time table you wanted it to be.. but it will be soon...

Ah sweetheart... I wish there was something I could do... just know this too, shall pass (what you are feeling right now, and today...)

xox
with luv,
mj
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Thanks - I might have to try that! I am desperate right now...

I just want some help, can't believe i can't get any...

Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Now may be the time to tell your hubby.. having emotional support at home may be the missing piece to helping you get out of your funk and start taking the steps to stay clean after the wd's are over.... having all of us can help but having someone at home can help even more... trust me.. I could not have done this without my hubby..
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I need to get off here, got to find a way to get some help.

Can't deal with this all over again, i really can't!

Thanks 2 all of you for everything!

Feeling real bad at this moment, just can't really focus on nothing right now.

Bye guys!

I might be gone for awhile, not sure...so don't worry, just wanna be alone - so if i cant get help from a dr. today, i will be in the bedroom hiding from the world.

Still love you all
Me
Helpful - 0
Just a suggestion---the ER? There, at least a doc would probably take some sympathy on you and give you some clonodine, to last you til you see your doctor.
It can't hurt to try.

meg
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Honey....Oh gosh. I am so very sorry you are feeling this way. It is such a horrible feeling. I would call and tell the dr that the appt is with that you are in severe w/d and/or pain and that you need something to help with w/d before the appt...Someone has to be able to help you. THis is so unfair. I hate to hear you so distraught.

I dont want to encourage anything, but what about trying to taper until the appointment?

Let me know how it goes and how you are. We are here for you and love you.

Lisa
Helpful - 0
What about urgent care hun?

It is similiar to an er but sometimes you get in quicker.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Aw honey... I didn't tell you that to discourage you... Is there any doc that can give you clonidine??  that alone can helps soo much...

Breathe.... take a ,moment and relax.... I know you feel bad but you know that this feeling is not permanent... it will only last a short time..

I am about to head out but if you need to talk I can wait to leave..

XOXO
Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Look under hospitals or medical clinics.  They should have one in your area.

I doubt very highly that they do anything in regards to addicts.  Your trying to get help not get more drugs.  

Sweetie you poor thing - try to calm down a bit.  Let's look at this logically (I know it is hard right now).  There has to be some sort of  medical facility available.  

Does hubby know?  Can he take you?
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
I did not tell my husband, he thinks i have been clean since June 3...OMG today would be 30 days...

This morning he knew i was not feeling right, so i told him i found 4 pills and took them over the weekend. He does not know i got a refill last week for 90 of them. I ended up taking 70 hydro - 10/500   and    34 percs - 5/325  with 2 weeks. OMG this is terrible i didn't realize how many i was taking, cause the hydros wasnt really giving me the feeling they did before so i was taking 2 at a time sometimes...

I will look in the phone book again...

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Urgent Care or a walk in clinic is not a bad idea... you may be able to get some clonidine and something to help you sleep..
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
what is clonidine?
Helpful - 0
Honey you need to find a place - now did you look hard enough?  You need to get up and go!  You need the help!  The later it gets the less chance of finding somewhere to go.  Do you hear me hun?  

luv,

Shel
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
Even a ER doc would have no problem writing a script for clonidine if you're straight with him. I took it. It's a bp lowering medicine that takes away some of the wd symptoms including the jitteryness, sweats, and sweats (did for me anyway).  You can get the pills or a patch (I used the pills so I could take when symptoms occured).
Helpful - 0
221016 tn?1196973461
I am on day 1 again flushing sister. When you feel strong enough, go to the new forum and maybe we can make you smile or laugh. I know this isn't easy darlin and you have a lot on your plate. Just know that I really care about you and we can go through this together. Ok???  We will get through this.

Hug to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
Where is this nre forum?
Helpful - 0
If it makes you feel any better, probably won't, but I work in the medical field, am in dr.'s offices all day every day, and this is a very common complaint. Most dr.'s are established and are busy all day. Sometimes, you can go in and tell tem you are willing to wait to see if they have a cancellation. You might be wasting your time though, yet sometimes they will feel sorry for you and fit you in.

Don't take it personal though; it is very common.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.