Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

found help did i cheat?

today had to go train a client.  i talked to one of my trusted trainers and friend, she told me she would hold my pills and give them to me only as told.  i was taking 30 10 mgs a day.  so i am now taking 4 a day i feel like **** but i am never going back to how i felt again.  how long should i take 4 before i go down again i need to tell my friend.  i need to give her a schuedule so i do not manipulate her i know how good addicts can do that.  i told her not to cave in to me.

thanx to all who have been there with me.  sorry was going to go cold turkey but caved in an told my doctor i would taper.  i trust you guys more than this guy though he has never been an addict, do not know how manipulate i can be.

sorry if i diapointed anyone i really wanted to go c/t but was to afraid because of how high a dose i have been taking.  

feel like a loser.  but i promise for my kids sake i will qiut this!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are not a loser.........you are taking action to get off the drug.   I admire you for that and you are helping others by letting them know that there are different ways to go about quitting.   Also, most importantly, you are showing us that if one way doesn't work, don't give up, just try a different strategy.

Best to you
tzt
Helpful - 0
I was a nurse for 10 years before i quit to be a stay home mom.  i know alot of people in the perfession.  People in my gym can get anything.  it is a horrible way to live.  and wants the pharmacy's get computerized jig is up, for us all.
I do not think i look like an addict i {maybe i do] but i used to compete in fitness competions and i train and i teach personal one on one gymnastics.
i think when you look healthy people do not think twice about giving you ****.
but inside i am dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quit know before the disease consumes you.

peace and love
Helpful - 0
I ask the same question...I know a woman who is addicted to 30 a day and she told me that it's wheeling and dealing ALL day long...this is her full time job! God Bless these poor souls because I couldn't imagine having to spend every waking moment on the hunt. At my worst I was (am?) doing 10 a day tops and even that is incredibly stressful.
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
Okay.... I have to ask....

Exactly where and how does one aquire 900 pills a month ?????
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
5 days should give your body enough time to adjust... I usually say 4-7 but you need a strict schedule if a friend is doing this... You should only go down a half a pill every 5 days... if you go down a whole pill at a time you may as well go cold turkey.. it will hurt and be too much for your body to adjust..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.