Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I can't do it..I JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Guy's....I have tried the best I know how...I just cant beat this stuff.  The anxiety, depression and mental confusion is more than I can take.  I do have cronic pain in my feet and legs and I think this is where most of my anxiety is coming from...I'm tired of hurting and the hydros make that pain go away.  I have a bottle of 5/500 Lortabs and need some help please!
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You have to remember all this is temporary!  How many days has it been now?

I promise you it gets better - so much better!

Flush the pills - give them to someone to hold for you.  You have to set yourself up to succeed.  Having the pills there is only creating more anxiety for you.

Then have ruined my life for so long - I feel so different and so much happier now.  

You CAN do this!

shel
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Soonerdean

We all know what it is like with our addictions and all the withdrawals associtated with them.

But are you really going to look and a pill (which does not even have life to it) and say to it "you win"...NO! - You can never give up, regardless of what we all go through, or how many attemps we try and fail, because as long as you do NOT GIVE UP..then that one day, or one more attempt to fight the good fight, may be the very one that sets you free from the bondage of that drug...that is controlling you!

You need to stablize yourself, and look right back at that drug and tell yourself "No Way, am I going to let a stupid pill take the life that I want, and CAN have away from me"!!! - You are in control of your life, and you do have control over the addiction behind the pill....you just got to fight for it!

God Bless!
Todd
Helpful - 0
I'm not familiar with your story because I wasn't coming to the forum much until very recently.  But I agree with Shelby.  You should get rid of the pills.  The withdrawals won't last forever, you can learn other ways to cope with the pain, but if you have the pills around you are going to be tempted every minute of every day.  If I can help, let me know.  I've been clean for over four months and I could not have any pills in my house or I would eat everyone of them.
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
183879 tn?1189755823
hey there Honey. it does get better.. just try to hang in there.. I have chronic pain also. its hard somedays but I have to say that I wouldn't change my best day high for my worst day clean if that makes sence..... I have three herniated disc in my lower back. I have Lumbar arthritis in my lower back. I have a degenerated disease starting in my lower back. i have a siotic nerve on my left side. I have persitis in both my hips, So what I am trying to say here is that I am always in pain. But guess what soon. I have 22 days clean today. I was a wondering... have you thought about suboxin? Just a wondering and if you did. what do you think about that? I a herion addict and I did oxycotins. percacets xanax. and coke.. and if I can do it, anyone can. all I am saying is that you can do this. we have faith in you my friend. keep up the good work, you came on here asking fro help. thats great!. I can tell that you are doing it... my hat goes off to you. just keep it up and your doing just fine. if you need to talk, email me anytime.. hang in there my friend it does get easier... here is my email addy if you just need to talk. ***@****
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to say thanks for the quick responses...I have not taken the pill yet....tried an Excedrin.  A little history on me.  I'm a 43 year old male in pretty good shape. At 5'11, 195lbs, I work out every morning.  3 years ago I had 12 inches of my lower colon removed due to ruptured diverticulum.  Im in the hospital 7 days.  They send me home the afternoon of day 7..the morning of day 8 I'm right back in the ER with two ulcurs that ruptured during the night from all the Ibuprofen & asprin I was taking for my foot pain.  ALmost bled to death and did not even know it.

Anyway...I'm not able to take NSAIDS or asprin.  To be truthful...I'll bet my body can handle the ibuprofen I'm just REALLY scared to take them.  It was at this point my doc gave me my first Lortab.  It was like the clouds opened up, the sun's rays were shining on me and the angels began to sing.  FINALLY....relief.

That was 3 years ago.  2 years ago I had my gall balder taken out and guess what they give you for pain...Lortab.  4 weeks ago I had a kidney stone..guess what they gave me for pain...Lortab.  I CANT CATCH A BREAK!  

I am amazed at how total strangers are committed to helping each other here.  For now the craving has gone THANKS TO YOU!  I'll keep up the fight.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
It
Helpful - 0
my pain actually was less when i quit the pills, weird i know, but its common. i dont understand it, something about our mind tricking us for more pills.my advice would be give up the pills completely for 3 months, if you are in serious discomfort then go from there?

i am 50+ days off the pills (back injury) and im almost completely comfortable all the time, the last 3 months of pills my back botherd me a lot......go figure?

just remember we are aleiveiating the pain not the withdrawl symptoms.
Helpful - 0
I feel for ya. It is very hard. I haven't quit c/t yet just tapering. I live alone so I can't let my withdrawls get too out of hand.
I'v gone from 60 mg. a day to 10 mg a day.
The first week was sheer hell. Herbal tea called Nighty Night full of passionflower helped the panic and rapid heart beat. Also helped me sleep.
My doctor put me on Cymbalta ,an antidepressant which takes 2 weeks to kick in. 1 more week for that and the tranistion should be smoother than nothing at all.
It hasn't been as hard to taper as I thought it would be. My pain is actually lessened dramatically.If you've been using for along time then the codine isn't doing a thing for the pain anymore. Only the tylenol thats in it.So it really is all in our minds.
Fight the GOOD fight. U can do it!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
please do not give up!!! it only gets worse if you continue with the meds.  i should know, my habit increased over the years to taking 30 vics a day!!
before i got pregnant i took 9 to 10 and weened myself off when i was in my second trimester.  than thank GOD i had a heathly boy but after i had him they gave me some pain pills.  I told the nurse i could not take any then because i was afraid because i was breastfeeding [1/2 truth] but as soon as i stopped breastfeeding i started on the pills again and now i am quitting from a 30 a day habit 10mgs!!!!

it only gets worse once you quit the diease will only pick up from where it left off and worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are in my prays you can do this if i can quit a 30 a day habit i am on day 3 you diffently can do it .  hang in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am suffering with you
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to say that I can so relate to the feelings you are having right now.  It helps me to try to think of just not using for today.   If I think of not using ever again, i get overwhelmed.  
You are right about the folks here on the forum.   There are some great people here.  They are knowlegeable and caring.

tzt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.