Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Singha / Day 8

I purchased something at the drug food store yesterday called "Deep Sleep". It really exceeded my budget at $30 for 120 pills, but, I'm not sure if I want to try it or not yet. I asked the health food place what the strongest thing they had for sleep was, and they told me that was it. I don't know if anyone else has used it or not.

http://www.shoplocal.com/default.aspx?action=secomitemdetail&pid=34670974

I don't know if I want to try it; I'd hate wasting $30 to find out that it sucks. :/ I took my last ambien last night, and got a nice six hours of sleep from 4-10. I wish I had saved my lunesta that I was given many moons ago. So, I finally got some sleep. I'll be drinking and partying hard tonight, so hopefully I'll do something to get me into a tired enough state that I'll fall asleep. So i'll really only have the next two days to worry about again, because as I proved myself, 2 days without sleep isn't -too- bad.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
we are people with the disease of addiction, we must abstain from all drugs in order to recover.
Helpful - 0
I think it depends on how you look at it. I'd say more of the battle in any addiction is psychological dependence. I am normally a very strong willed person. When I began with the pills, it took many, many months before I even became addicted to the pleasure I'd feel from taking them.

I don't have a very addictive personality. Before this, I used to drink on holiday occasions with my friends. I don't enjoy drinking alcohol, I don't enjoy being drunk, I don't enjoy the feelings, but I do it for occassions. And 99% of the reason I'm doing it tonight is to help with me overcoming my current condition.

I'm not advocating other drugs. I'm not looking to get high or anything anymore. For the most part, any use of drugs for me currently is to get over my withdrawal stages and feel better, that way I can lead a clean life without having to suffer.
Helpful - 0
hey buddy... listen, if you are going to be drinking and partying hard, NOTHING is going to help you sleep well.  alcohol can help you fall asleep sometimes, but it is disruptive to your sleep patterns.

so in my opinion, don't expect alot of sleep anyway, and certainly don't base any opinions on a new product this way.

(not a judgement btw -just the facts.)

as for the Deep Sleep - i HAVE used it.  I bought the drops, however.  i thought it was great, and have some here.  and not alot of that sh** puts me to sleep.  that worked well for me...

maybe you wanna try it tomorrow nite to see how it REALLY works.  and everyone's different too.. but it does work for me.

good luck,
mj
Helpful - 0
ok, just be careful, addiction is a sneaky mother.

i was 13 years in active 12 step recovery and it got me.

sneaky.
Helpful - 0
I wasn't planning on taking it tonight, honestly; I'm very cautious about taking things when I've been drinking, no matter what it is. I'll plan on trying them out tomorrow, though, and seeing how it is.

Right now, I feel alright, stiffness, soreness, and a little bit of queasiness. A little bit better than yesterday.

I'm just glad I was able to sleep some last night. Some. :/
Helpful - 0
Day 7 for me hope all is well for you. I right now take 3 Hylands Restful Leg (find at any drug store) and a very hot bath.....I jump right into bed after and I slept 6 hours last night. (hell of alot cheaper too).
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.