Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
220965 tn?1189755823

11 Days Clean

I was on 8-12 Oxycodone 5/325's a day for about 2 years. I can say I feel much better and like a functional human. I am not arrogant or obnoxious like I was on the pills. The mental part is much harder to me than the physical. I would take the flu for 60 days rather than the rush of negative thoughts. But to make that clear I would take the mental and physical discomfort rather than poison myself again.  I know all of this will pass so I am refocusing myself on physical fitness. If I get stressed I take a walk or lift weights, taking deep breaths help also.  Good Luck to everyone and Thanks for all the help
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
keep your head up.noone can ever understand the sadness and misery and hopeless feelings we have unless youve been here.i know how it is 2 b so pill sick after  a couple days and all u can thik about is how u want to just close your eyes and die but then u know how just a couple pills will make it all better.it is a miserable cycle and its not fair.i just started suboxone 3 days ago and its like a miracle.good luck.stay strong
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Great job J! please keep posting for all of here in need of hope?
best
fish
Helpful - 0
11 days is a long time.  Seems like the hardest is over.  I was on Ultram and other opiets (pain killers) and just stopped 6 days ago.  I too felt the physical pain (hell) but am finding the mental part is much harder.  I can't remember what happieness feels like.  I am so negative in thoughts right now but people on this site say it takes a little longer for the mental to become normal again.

I'm here going through it too.  We are not alone in this.  Stay strong.  You're 5 days ahead of me.  Good job!
Helpful - 0
221182 tn?1199263667
Right on "j" glad to hear you are doing so well hope you also along with the weights and walking are doing something to help with aftercare so you will stay clean for life. It is real real real important..a-wakan
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.