Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Addiction to Loritab

I've been taking narco(loritab10) for about 6 month. It started when i blew out my back but now i can seen to quit.  I need some advice.  I dont know if my doctor will help me or not im also on xanax the he subscribed to me.  i take about 3 pill a day and when i run out i go nuts till i find some.  I really need to quit.   I cant seem to find then detox receipe every one is talkin about

Help Please
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
I usually post this... there is also something called the "Thomas Recipe" aound here and you can use the search engine to look that up....

Best to you........

It
Helpful - 0
Why don't you think your doctor will help you taper or give you meds if you cold turkey? He prescribed them, right? And I believe that he has a moral and legal duty to help you especially with the xanax since it can be life threatning. I guess I am being unrealistic but I would think that he would help?.
Helpful - 0
You have to REALLY want it.  I have been on 5\500, 2-4 daily, for two years for cronic pain.  THis past January I found myself lying to try and get more hydros.  This is when I finally realized I was addicted.  I told my wife and thus the long road to recovery began.

First let me tell you it can be done but it will be very difficult.  Your first 2-7 days will be like a living hell if you go cold turkey.  I'm not trying to scare you...I want you to know what is ahead of you.  My doc told me I could taper down in 9 days with no side effects or withdrawals....BOY WAS HE WRONG!  If I ever see him on the street I WILL kick his azz.

Anyway...You will have body aches like never before, you wont  be able to sleep and you will have flu like sypmtoms.. THESE WILL PASS...but with time.  PLEASE dont try to rush this.  I tried cold turkey and relapsed several times.  I do recommend trying to taper SLOOOWWWLLLYYY.  If you want to try and limit the withdrawals I would recommend several months to taper but only you can MAKE you do this...NOBODY ELSE!

I would also get help from close friends or family.  Give them your pills.  Having pills accessible will only make your anxiety go up.  Stay on this board until you are at a certain point you feel comfortable with.  People on this board will respond to you quickly with great advice in your time of need.  

This board helped me kick a 75mic Fentanyl patch addiction and am currently in day 2 of no hydros..THANKS TO THE PEOPLE HERE.  Stay in touch..there is lots of great advice here.  Better than what your doc will give you in my opinion.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.