Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
192332 tn?1189755828

going on 72 hours

Wow! i woke up this morning and i think i'm feeling a little better.still tired as he11.Is this the calm before the storm?i don't want to be too optimistic.Before when i went c/t i usually didn't start to see progress until at least day 5.what do you guys think?I swear i will never take another pill.I hope everyone is doing ok.this one tough battle.i still crave today.but it goes away pretty fast.Take care.God Bless.Bruce
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Good Job Bruce... sounds like the time is now for you ,,,, fantastic.  It will be the little things that get you through like, "one day at a time."  Things that are small and you can do... do them.  Small positive steps in the right directions.
Best
fish
Helpful - 0
225156 tn?1198893504
Hi Bruce (err...Rooftrash?)

Good for you - I'm glad you are seeing through the fog.  I'm going on almost 24 hours and doing okay.  Taking Advil and Celebrex for any pain - but other than that, trying to keep busy.  I have a huge exam to study for (professionally for my job - not for school) and am trying to concentrate on that.  I telecommute at home on Friday's - thus, it's a good day to start without the Vicodin and see if I have any of the side-affects from withdrawal.  I've noticed some weepiness - but maybe that's just cuz I'm a sap - not sure.;

Good luck - you're doing great!
Zurich42 (Marie)
Helpful - 0
great job, I am happy for you. You will have your good and bad days but stay positive like you are and you will do fine. Good Luck
Helpful - 0
Buddy.. honestly, I think you are through the worst..

Good for you, Bruce.  SO glad to see you feelin' better... keep on goin', man!!

warmly,
mj
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Thank you guys.I need all the encouragement i can get.You all are great.thanks again.Bruce
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
You are right i am the worst.My own worst enemy.LOL
Helpful - 0
.. preachin' to the choir, my brother. ;-)
Helpful - 0
If you're already feeling a little better, I would think you were through the worst of it too.  (Knock on wood.)  I didn't start feeling better until about day 7 or 8 but everyone's different.
Keep up the good work,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
It's good to know you're feeling a little better. You skipped a couple of days that could have been bad, but they weren't this time. You're ahead and I'm sure this time you won't go back to using.
I wish you the best.....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.