A
A
A
Close
198154 tn?1337787265

I did it, day 2

I finally did it.

I'm on day 2 and I FEEL SOOO BAD.

I walked out of my PM Dr. office on Thursday w/o a script and havent slept since.

My legs are killing me.  

I am c/t with nothiing but some OTC sleeping pills and Hylands.
I tapperd from 10-12 10/650 percocets a day down to 4 a day then went c/t from there.

But ya know what... If I could get my hands on some right now I would use in a second.  I was all brave Thursday and just told myself I could suck it up and DO IT.

Now I feel like death.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
life begins when the detox ends.

do it.
Helpful - 0
I'm on day three of detox off of 20 vicodin es pills per day for the last 21/2 years.  I am going cold turkey myself and it does suck big time.  I crave the pills so bad but I can't keep on doing this as it is no way to live any more.

Just stick it out and things do get better.  I detoxed off 90mg of methadone in 2003 and that was torture.  This is easier although it still sucks.
Helpful - 0
You can do this.If you could get a pill,how long would you feel good
for? Three hours? Six hours? Then you have to take more pills.Try to
stop dwelling on how bad you feel.You will get better each day.When you
get the chills and ache, get in the hot tub.When you can't sleep.Read,
watch a movie,get up and walk around.(no one ever died from lack of sleep).
When I was detoxing, i rolled up in a ball on my bed and thought about
people who had cancer and had to go through Chemo.And kept thinking, I CAN
DO THIS.It's not as bad as what some people have to go through.
Don't think about pills to get out of this. It's not an option.Think
about positive things.Think about the future. Getting your life back.
Being normal again.Think about when you were a kid. How happy you were without drugs controlling your life.Don't think about people saying they still have no energy. Thats normal.We will never have the energy the pills gave us.
Your doing great!!!! Don't you dare give up.Happiness and feeling good, is
coming soon.
Did you get any of the supplements?The Vitamins and the Amino Acids. They
are a big help.
OK, hang in there, I will be reading your posts the next few days.Each post will get better and better.This is the most important thing you will ever do in your
life.
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
Thank you so much

You have no idea how much that just meant to me :)
Helpful - 0
i do the same thing i get real brave like i will just suck it up, then the pain comes and i am like what the heck did i just do.  i just cut off my source were i got my pills and i still have doubts but i know i will be proud soon.  i took 30 10mgs a day then to 4 know i am on 0. the biggest thing for me was in the morning i felt the worst i got up and ran , i know that sounds crazy but it kicks in your dorphines and cry cry cry if you have to but just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or if you can not run just get out of the house in some sun.
good luck
lol
jill
Helpful - 0
If its any consolation I'm proud of all of you that go cold turkey. Theres alot to be said for you!                     Cathy p.s. you impress the hell outta me.
Helpful - 0
Whenever I think about all the time and effort I put into getting pills and all the wasted money I get sick.  I also thing about people who are dying of cancer and how hard they fight to just stay alive one more day.  I draw strenght off of that.

Tomorrow will be day 4 for me and my daughter's 21st birthday party.  I need everyone's prayers that I can make it through the party.
Helpful - 0
Well you have my prayers RSCLADY. This hits close to home when speaking of people with cancer fighting for their lives. And we are drugging how we take our time down here so much forgranted.l A week ago my dearest friend had her breast removed and starts chemo this week. I meant were drugging and some still struggle with it. Boy if we looked at it from that point of veiw every-
time the world would be a cleaner place.As far as addiction goes. My prayers are with my friends out here and your familys.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.