Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I didnt expect to get so many responses so quickly.It is so good to know that there is support out there, that many people would not understand. I will start right now, and hopefully make it through. I have never written to a forum in my life. So I am not sure what to expect. I most certainly would love all the help, and comments I can get. I guess after all I have heard I will try to go cold turkey.Dont know what to expect coming off this drug, so I am trying to prepare for the worst. I am currently off work with my back right now, so I wont have that to worry about. Say a prayer for me, I know I will need it
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
364605 tn?1200704975
You do not have to suffer. Find yourself a MD who will prescribe subutex. You take it over a period of 6 weeks & it truly helps. You have no cravings for the oxy & no horrible withdrawal effects. I was in hell with no apparrent way out. I was taking approx. 100mg of oxy a day. When I was without it was horrible, I cared about nothing except when I could swallow my next pill. Now I have hope. Again you do not have to suffer. Any ?'s I'll be happy to answer.

Ruby441
Helpful - 0
I am taking 12 to 14 5-500mg tablets per day as well as some oxycodone. The Dr. has also gave me some soma, but I dont take them very much. I am going cold turkey. Thats the only way that I know to do it.Keep me informed on your end, and I will let you know how things are going on my end. GOOD LUCK!
Helpful - 0
Hello,

I feel for your situation. I'm not an addict but my S.O. is. I'm not sure what your dosage is like how much you take and how often. Al takes 5- 30mg oxycodone "the little blue ones" and 3 somas 4-5 x a day everyday. He has started his taper and I thought all is well but he is now talking about going  "cold turkey". I'm curious weather or not that is safe considering what a large dose he takes? It would help me to know how ur doing and what ur doseage is? His log-in mane is hockeyfan73 btw.
Thanks for any info u would like 2 share.

Christy
Helpful - 0
225555 tn?1189755824
keep up the good work
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.