Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Drug addiction

I need to know if there is something to counteract the painful side-affects while kicking my addiction with hydrocoden. Iv heard that sleeping helps you through,if you can get to sleep. Is this true? You must know that I am going to try to do this on my own....first. I really am ready! Do or DIE. Please Help.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
225213 tn?1213734690
Ode and SOS congrats on your decision to get clean and I admire your courage to begin this journey.   Hot baths for the restless legs seem to work wonders for many.............as many as you need, ten a day if it helps or more.  Bananas help this also cuz of the potassium.   There are amino acids and vitamins that some people swear by, just to to the search bar at the top right of this page and type in Thomas Recipe, there are a few powedered shake mixes at GNC that have all the suggested aminos in them.

Walking helps the legs also.  I have heard that advil pm works for some people better than tylenol pm.  If you have clonidine or ativan it can help with sleep.

Hang in there and remember we have all lived through the flu and the physical part of this is much like that, it will pass.

All my support
tzt
Helpful - 0
225555 tn?1189755824
Im on day and this morning i felt like **** i had anxiety the sweats the chills and i took a 2 hr nap i feel alot better now i had a headache but took a advil for it and i feel real good. I know its just the start and the storm is coming i can see the clouds moving in but i will do this no matter what. I hope you guys and gals will do it to. God bless.
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
yeah sleep would be great, REALLY hard to come by.

I'm finishing day 2 and havent slept since Thursday.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
my advice is to try to bge a few xanax or ativan to help wih the anxiety...just for the first 5-7 days, and something to help you sleep.  exercise helps after that in small amts for the restless leg ****, and the energy level takes the longest to come back.  Just keep pluggin away.  I know how hard it is..if you want to go the herbal route valerian route is for anxiety (kind of like valium but natural) and melatonin.  Immodium helps with diarreah
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.