Aa
A
A
Close

Addison's Disease Community

Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.

41 - 60 (of 172) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum I'm not exactly sure how it all works but I'll give it a shot. I was diagnosed in October 2014 with Addison's disease after a long battle of endless symptom and problems. Since being diagnosed I've had ...
Daytimevampire | Last answer
I have primary Addisions , Remitting MS, and most recently diagnosis of COPD. Now I don't know but I am inclined to think they are all one in the same like a domino effect. First was the diagnosis of early onset MS in 2006. With no med t...
Juju931 | Last answer
I have had addisons or should I say been diagnosed for 4 years now was working electrical superintendent 20 years same company they let me go in dec.of 2013 because had crisis on life support for 2 weeks wife was told I wouldn't make thr...
Richardhickox | Last answer
Hi all - I'm curious as to how many others who have Addison's or other type of adrenal insufficiency also experience shortness of breath. It's rarely (if ever) listed as a symptom of adrenal insufficiency, but it's been a persistent...
swankmaster_d | Last answer
I am a 46yr female. I have been sick for quite a long time. 21 years ago I was diagnosed with pustular psoriasis, I was put on 60mg of prednisone a day for one year. After that I started getting unexplainable lung infections at least onc...
Tylbowler | Last answer
My 35 year old son has Addison's (as part of polyglandular syndrome), and had a blow to the head that caused immediate unconsciousness. CT scan shows bruising of his brain, but not enough to seem to explain the depth of his coma. His e...
MathGuyScott | Last answer
I was recently tested while being treated for lymes. My Cortisol came back at 5.6...this was at 0830AM Normal range states 8-19. My Aldosterone came back at 6.0 normal range <31. My doctor sent scripts for me to start Fludrocortisone Ace...
rtjrevie | Last answer
10301959_tn?1409154954
I was diagnosed with Addison's in Feb 2014 and Lupus in Aug, my question is since I was already taking Hydrocortisone why did they add Predisone?
hummerbug | Last answer
To let you know a bit about me I am 53 year old female who had 7 children and was perfectly healthy, walking 10 miles a night, jumping on trampoline you name it. I had my gallbladder out 26 years ago,the stones had moved to my liver ...
Dawn_O | Last answer
I've been sick for about 6 months. Pcp mentioned pots but I think it's a endocrine issue. History of reactive hypoglycemia since 16 (34 now)  asthma and newfound allergies. Symptoms are : extreme fatigue, Vertigo, cold all the time, ir...
SheriLynn1980 | Last answer
My 13 year old son eats salt by the box on a daily basis. When he went to his PCP in August, lab work was done. In September, we found out his cortisol level was extremely low on that lab work and we were referred to an endocrinologist...
KLMmom | Last answer
Hiya! (I'm typing this during nite as I can't sleep..typical me!!) For a while I thought there might be something wrong with my hormones but don't want to say addison just yet because firstly I have PCOS (polycystic ovaries) and i get l...
Juniperforest | Last answer
I'm a 27 year old female who has always lived oneast coast well not always but majority of my lifeI have always thought there was something wrong with me and I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was I've done my research I haven't been di...
smash227 | Last answer
10927321_tn?1413893898
Hello! I was DX with primary Addison's Disease 4 years ago by my very observant doctor. I didn't even realize anything new was going on because I have chronic migraines, fibro, lupus, transient thyroiditis, central sleep apnea and a doze...
invisibleDeborah | Last answer
I was diagnosed with Addison's disease in August and have been on Prednisone and Fludrocortisone for about 5 weeks now. The difference in my life is unbelievable, I had no clue how sick I really was until I started to feel healthy. How...
TN_Christie | Last answer
Hi, I had spoke to a few of you about them not getting me diagnosed with Addisons and they have now. They have me on Cortef (Hydrocortisone) 10 mg tab 2 a day. I am not sure that I am feeling so well. I mean now I feel kinda jumpy...
Dawn_O | Last answer
I have been sick for years. In 2005 I started prednisone due to severe asthma. While in the hospital for an asthma attack, I was on a heart monitor and went into Atrial Fib. I had been telling them that my heart wasn't beating normally, ...
Laureek | Last answer
Hi, Just curious if you can tell if you have Addisons by looking at your saliva cortisol results? My Dr won't do the other testing to see. Thanks!
dana7227 | Last answer
Hi, I’m hoping some people can hopefully give me some advice please regarding treatment. My history: I’m 30, diagnosed with secondary adrenal insufficiency via an insulin tolerance test. I have borderline low hypothyroidism, low prolacti...
bboop1984 | Last answer
Hi, I have been suffering with a wide range of symptoms for about 10 years and just recently been told by my doctor that it is most likly Addison's . ( due to patches of darkened skin). I have not had the determining tests but everything...
kristy727 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources