Aa
A
A
Close
Addison's Disease Community
Addison’s disease, also known as Adrenal Insufficiency or Hypocortisolism, is an endocrine disease that occurs when the adrenal glands do not produce enough of the hormone cortisol and sometimes, aldosterone. Discuss topics including symptoms and treatments for Addison’s disease.
61 - 80 (of 176) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was diagnosed with Addison's disease in August and have been on Prednisone and Fludrocortisone for about 5 weeks now. The difference i...
1 answer |
Hi, I had spoke to a few of you about them not getting me diagnosed with Addisons and they have now. They have me on Cortef (Hydrocort...
1 answer |
I have been sick for years. In 2005 I started prednisone due to severe asthma. While in the hospital for an asthma attack, I was on a hea...
10 answers |
Hi, Just curious if you can tell if you have Addisons by looking at your saliva cortisol results? My Dr won't do the other testing to...
1 answer |
Hi, I’m hoping some people can hopefully give me some advice please regarding treatment. My history: I’m 30, diagnosed with secondary adr...
5 answers |
does anyone have Addison and has had a crisis? what hospital anywhere!! was best I find that doctors are not completely educated on this...
2 answers |
Hi I have 2 MRI scans the first showed abnormality the second was a close up of the first result and this has shown up the adenoma, I now...
3 answers |
My 12 yr old daughter has had increasing hyper pigmentation for months , we were thinking it was a puberty thing. But we had her looked...
1 answer |
7977969 tn?1395934874
Hi I'm new today. I've been on Predisone for 29 years for Ulcerative Colitis. I started Remicade 20 months ago that replaced the need for...
1 answer |
I was put in the hospital last Sunday and after nearly three years of battling symptoms finally diagnosed with Addison's. I've started th...
7 answers |
I need to know should someone with addison's disease avoid coming in to contact with someone who has shingles.
1 answer |
I had a total thyoidectomy for papillary ca in Nov,2011.I did not have RAI because my tumor was .8 cm. Since then they are regulating me ...
1 answer |
Hi, I'm always cold, need wear like 8 shirts (including 5 sweaters) on top of each other all day. I know my adrenals aren't optimum bas...
16 answers |
I've been sick for years and after many tests no luck. My insurance ran out a month ago and my doctor has left for a new facility. I'm in...
7 answers |
6224500 tn?1388951268
I was diagnosed hypothyroid in May 2013. I have also had my first Endo appointment today and she did a physical examination on me. Blo...
8 answers |
I have recently been diagnosed with Addisons and have been on meds for three weeks. I have started showing the signs associated with Cush...
7 answers |
374225 tn?1269902862
No my name isn't Alice but the wicked witch and the mad hatter are ruining my life. Symptoms: Hair falling, cannot sleep, cannot stay ...
3 answers |
463897 tn?1448485050
We realize that pathology reports can be difficult to understand. This forum will give you a place to ask your personal questions and rec...
3923358 tn?1358555814
Hi, I'm only 13 and I have addisons i struggle daily with nausea. I need some tips because my parents have no idea what this nausea feels...
10 answers |
I suddenly developed a number of symptoms when my father became terminally ill about 6 months ago.He died 2 months after this but the sym...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addison's Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...