Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Alcoholic, Living with an Community

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

41 - 60 (of 505) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been with my husband for 20 years, minus a 3.5 year break before we married. He has been a binge drinker 3 days a week since I met him. We were all having fun in our 20's so I didn't see it as a problem. We are in our mid 40's now...
  Posted
Hello, I have a situation that I dont feel like I am equipped to deal with. My partner is a binge drinker. I am not sure I'd call him an alcoholic, but when he drinks, he dtunks himself into oblivion. He went to watch some basketball...
  Posted
Single son - never married - holds a good job and has his own home lives alone...- but not a happy camper. Mom tries to help him ...he is the middle child of three. He gets in trouble because of his drinking - and is currently under prob...
  Posted
I don't really have a question per se. Rather, the many questions I have about addiction and the effects of it on the addict and the family of the addict do not have clear cut answer.....so I am really searching for a place to vent and ...
  Posted
3744707 tn?1402191170
Okay so I have been with my husband 3 years and he drinks every single day about a six pack or more a day but he never disrespects me in anyway in fact his a happy drunk and I don't see any problems but I'm starting to think he does drin...
  Posted
My husband of 7 months drinks excessively from Friday nite and possibly Saturday and Sunday. Does this make him an alcoholic? Come Friday he's no the rip. Usually at home when we have friends over. I used to like a drink and still do wh...
  Posted
I was alcoholic. But I felt pancreatic pain & admitted in nursing home. Now I am pancreatitis patient. Medicine going on. Please Suggests me to lead a better life.
  Posted
My husband (Active Duty Military) is currently at an inpatient rehab facility. He's on day 7 on a 28 day program. It was recommended (mandated) that he attend rehab by his Chain of Command. I don't think he's an alcoholic. I think he is ...
  Posted
When I first met my husband he could handle his beer. Then about 4 years later when he got back into the band business, he started drinking hard liquor. Every year he has gotten worse. We have been married 15 years. Now every night he is...
  Posted
Hi. I have an alcoholic husband and as most know every addict had an enabler. I am my husband's enabler and I desperately want to find the courage to stop completely. Over the last few years I have made great strides in stopping the majo...
  Posted
My question is for those who have had a lived one pass from liver failure, or for anyone familiar with it. So my dad has been an alcoholic for 30 years he had a scare where he was in a lot of pain and was hospitalized for awhile. Pan...
  Posted
I've been with my current partner for the best part of 2 years. There was no obvious signs that he had a problem with alcohol when we first met, but the longer we spent together this issue became more apparent. His alcohol intake has i...
  Posted
My wife binges every weekend and obsesses with my sister and my mother when she's drunk I've been married for 6 years, I don't want kids with an alcholic she has been to rehab 3 times and 1 time she went away for 17 days she knows she h...
  Posted
209987 tn?1451939065
This question is directed mainly towards those that have quit drinking. My hubby is an alcoholic. It was getting to a point where I finally told him to get out so that I could find a "real dad" for our 5 year old. We've been through ...
  Posted
So I'm reading these posts and many situations are similar, but don't quite match mine. I've been married for 21 years, and my husband and I have been through a lot. We come from some rough places, but have managed to be productive, ski...
  Posted
Me and my boyfriend are together since 8 months, at the beginning of our relationship we were drinking almost everytime we hung out, to me it was just social drinking. But when we started spending real time together I realized he was dri...
  Posted
About 1.5 years ago, I started drinking heavily. From research, I was a functional alcoholic. I'd stick to around 60-120mL per day except I would take one or two days break to catch up on sleep and hydration once I became extremely fat...
  Posted
I started seeing a close friend about 6 weeks ago. All was good and I hope still is. The last few days I can see the frustration/anger starting to rise and today they are extremely angry. They are sober a year and a half now. I have read...
  Posted
I have been married for 3 years and now my husband decides to abandon me.my 2 children and takes his 15 year old daughter with him so he can have the freedom to drink like he wants. Whereas before he was sneaking out to drink, now he dri...
  Posted
My husband and I have been married 2 years and together off and on for 10 we have 4 kids 2 his from another relationship 2 kids in common ages 5 and 1 with me. he drinks all the time and leaves me home with the kids while he goes and doe...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholic, Living with an Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...