Aa
A
A
Close

Alcoholism Community

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

1 - 20 (of 2225) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
IOP
My IOP program tests for alcohol in a urinalysis test. Yesterday was the super bowl and I did get pretty drunk, but stopped drinking before 9pm, and drank alot of water before bed. I was tested at 11:11am the following day. Will it show ...
BlueUnicorn07 | Last answer
My question is: Do you think black out behavior is influenced by what is currently going on in your life, or if it reveals something that's inside you, and who you might actually be? So last night was the first time in my life that I'...
shudson8 | Last answer
I started drinking about a half liter of vodka a day around 2 years ago. 3 months ago I decided I want to stop, but I decided I should cut-down to avoid any withdrawls, so I stopped drinking vodka completely and now I drink 3 - 24 oz. ca...
abcdabcd | Last answer
Hello everyone I am 21 years old and attend college. I socially drink with friends probably 2 times a week and rarely binge drink on those nights I do drink. After a night of drinking (4-5 beers) the next morning I felt dizzy/ lighthead...
Andywhitty | Last answer
my brother has drank every day for the past 2 years but has been drinking for all of his life, after wife died he retired and dinks every day past week he has not eaten or drank any fluids but beer, he thinks his wife died yesterday, not...
sparrowette | Last answer
I have Type 1 Diabetes and have very high blood sugar ( in the 400-600 range). I take 5 shots of insulin a day but am insulin resistant. Had 4 drinks and got pulled over and got a DWI. I'm wondering if there is any correlation between ha...
tidal06 | Last answer
I'm 19 years old, and i enjoy going out with my friends on the weekend having a few drinks. I really enjoy doing this but now i find that i don't want to because everytime i drink, i always wake up with cold-like symptoms the next day. I...
Gemmaann07 | Last answer
My husband is 52, weights 319 pounds, 6 feet and is drinking approx. 1 liter a day of vodka. He has been an alcholic since his early 20s but he started drinking according to his mother at age 14. My question is: is 1 liter a day...
Cherilynn | Last answer
My father is 54 and has been an alcoholic ever since I can remember. It reached boiling point two years after he was retrenched at his job and then proceeded to sit the whole day and drink. He would wake up around lunch time and then jus...
Ziquenya | Last answer
I discontinued my pain med as pain subsided. It caused the worst anxiety and I resorted to heavy consumption of alcohol over a months time. I drank vodka in excess to pass out from anxiety and to sleep. This was so stupid of me. I now kn...
Ruthy55 | Last answer
After 30 years of drinking I haven't had a drink since 5/5/15. I am in severe pain. I was recently diagnosed with severe carpal tunnel and pinched nerves in my elbow and neck. The neurologist has prescribed Tramadol for the pain. By reli...
Grandmama01 | Last answer
First let me say that reading thru this community is showing me that my situation isn't unique. One particular post I'd read from back in 2009 really rang true with my situation... so much so that I've edited that post to fit my simila...
BluFalcon | Last answer
I am 20 years old. I drink with my friends socially about once every two weeks. Last week I got really drunk (which I regret). I had around 8-9 drinks. I ended up puking. The next day I felt hungover as usual, but now 5-6 days later I ha...
Steveott | Last answer
Ive been going through the same thing for a few months now. I have panic attacks when im out because i constantly feel dizzy and think i am going to fall down. I am going to see a nuerologist next week. I had a cat scan done. Nothing sh...
Debba710 | Last comment
My kids are at the ER tonight with their dad (my ex). He has been a severe alcoholic for 20+ years and was diagnosed 15 months ago with Alcoholic Hepatitis and Cirrosis of the liver. He was told then that if he quit drinking, he had appr...
Tinker35 | Last answer
I need help with two things... How do I know if my wife has a drinking problem? How do I cope with my own anger over her drinking? I have been married to my wonderful wife for over 13 years. She is beautiful and kind. Everyone who knows...
confusedangry | Last answer
Hello, I am new to this forum to get some unbiased advice or suggestions. I had grand mal seizure about 2 years ago when I abruptly stopped drinking. At the time, I had a CAT scan done. Not surprisingly, I have brain damage which was ...
Nebsie | Last answer
i must have had a half a bottle of fireball whiskey to myself. i know i may have a hangover. i remember everything from last night like falling down at least ten steps. i woke up normal, its been a few hours since i woke up this morning ...
bobeezy2010 | Last answer
Hi I'm 32 years old. I've been a big drinker from being in my late teens and I'm thinking I need to stop and grow up. My problem is not knowing my limits with alcohol. I'm married have a good career but feel quiet depressed. My husband h...
Jane3012 | Last answer
472191_tn?1213635731
I am 39 years old and have been a drinker for about 15 years. I tend to drink more on the weekends and I realize that I am drinking too much. I have severe anxiety the next day and feel terrible. If I go without drinking for a few day...
Vicki68 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
495284_tn?1333897642
Blank
dominosarah