Aa
A
A
Close

Alcoholism Community

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

41 - 60 (of 2225) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been a heavy drinker for 10 years and have been consuming 1 pint to a fifth of vodka per day for 9 months. Today is my first day without alcohol. I have tried to quit before but suffered severe anxiety, sweating, and shaking, t...
kheart000 | Last answer
Hello, a few days ago I went on a binge of about 72 hours, I drank one 750ml of 40% alcohol, another 375ml of 40% alcohol, and about 3/4 of a 750ml of 46% alcohol, along with 3/4 of red wine and 15 cans of 6.1% beer. I woke up on the thi...
Elduderino92 | Last answer
Hi all, To cut a long story short, after an HIV scare in July 2013, due to suspicious symptoms I diagnosed myself as having caught HIV, quickly developed severe insomnia, then anxiety and depression quickly followed. By the time I wa...
BelfastGav | Last answer
ive been drinking heavily for 15 years. i havent worked in 20 and my day is spent in bed by my computer. i lay down pretty much, my neck has hurt for alot of years, not serious pain but serious enough to be a problem. just recently its b...
tunescool | Last answer
Hi all, I'm a 45 year old male alcoholic, I've been a heavy drinker (approx 10 units a day, almost every day for last few years). I've stopped drinking. Doing AA meetings every day and currently sober for 1 month. Great I'm sober, but I'...
Nedos | Last answer
My wife is an alcoholic in denial. We just got married a few months ago and it’s becoming worse and worse ever since the wedding. She’s drinking up to about one litter of vodka per day. During our honeymoon for instance, she never stop ...
bigboss83 | Last answer
Hi guys, I'm a 28 year old female, homeowner, good job and getting married next month, but despite all that, I drink until I pass out pretty much every night. My parents have always been social drinkers, my fiancé drinks very little, e...
coise105 | Last answer
I have a friend who binge drank vodka for approx 6 weeks from a traumatic life event, with no drinking prior. There is significant nausea and loss of appetite with abdominal pain. She has stopped completely. It's been 2 weeks now and no ...
Ruthy55 | Last answer
535294_tn?1219933712
My husband is 50 years old and a severe alcoholic, while we've been together for three years, he has been drinking heavily for most of the past 35 years. Primarily only beer, but drinks at least 10-12 beers a night. I have noticed that a...
Suzyq0826 | Last answer
l had scan and xray last week just came back with fatty tissues on my liver im in pain on my leftside under my ribs and sore on my right side when l breath in and out it hurts my stomach is distended and im urinenateing quite often toni...
theresa144 | Last answer
189069_tn?1323405738
Hello, My husband is an alcoholic. We've been together for 7 years, married 4. He was a recovering alcoholic when we met and started drinking again shortly before our wedding. I asked him to leave once about a year ago, but I was wea...
babypooh | Last answer
1835769_tn?1318286940
I have to take urine tests three times a week and just found out that they were showing positive for alcohol but I haven't drank. It appears to have started that way since I stopped being able to keep food and water down, can that be cau...
carebear2001 | Last answer
Hi There, I'm 28 years old, usually not a heavy drinker but was on vacation and pushed the limits -- drank 10-12 drinks a night every single night for 2 weeks (that's right 14 days in a row). Got very little sleep and honestly didn't ...
mrkleen | Last answer
been kinda a heavy drinker for about 2 years... I started where i would have a couple of cocktails and a couple of jooses ever couple of nights or drink 4 days in a row... then it was like 2 Jooses a night. between like may and nov 09, t...
Cedmar | Last answer
Hi, I am a male in his 30s and I started drinking since I was about 14 years old. I considered myself as a social drinker, I do not drink everyday, I do it ocassionally about once a week on average. Trying to rember everything about...
TORBA001 | Last answer
So I tried to Google this question but couldn't find a clear answer? How far back can they trace alcohol consumption threw a blood test?? I read different results one saying anywhere from ten day up to three months!? The answer is ve...
skyler411 | Last answer
948349_tn?1294383837
Hi Just asking question for any recovered alcoholics out there. I'm still having trouble... as of now my last binge drinking session was December 5th, 2010... which is when I crashed my car pretty bad. I have identified myself as an ...
PinPinPatrick | Last answer
I'm hoping today is the first day of the rest of my life, it scares the life out of me to think I can never drink again, can I do this? How do I do this?
Marie2109 | Last answer
My roommate is an alcoholic. He drinks just about every night. The least amount being six to seven drinks a day. The weekends are big binges....going through at the least 48 16oz beers. I have noticed somethings and wonder if his h...
linlw8945 | Last answer
I am a 21 year old girl and in the recent past year I have been very heavily drinking. In the last months I've been getting really bad shakes throughout the day and I do experience dry heaving every so often. I have lack of appetite but ...
Lilly_94 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholism Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...