Aa
A
A
Close

Alzheimer's Disease Community

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

1 - 20 (of 571) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My mom was diagnosed with Lewy Body dementia in October 2015. Her disease has progressed a lot in the last 4 months. I found out recently that one of her sisters also had dementia. My question, am I at a higher risk to get this disea...
Bobhask | Last answer
HI, My mother was prescribed Selegiline after some routine blood/urine tests. I found that the drug is MAOI and specifically prescribed for Parkinson's and at times Alzeimer's early onset. In her case Doctor did not do any other test...
Wrongdiagnosis | Last answer
Out of the blue i started having fear and bad thoughts about my mom developing Alzheimer disease. She had a head injury when i was 12 and now, after 23 years, a part of her cranium is still "open" due to the fact that they cannot close i...
operlan25 | Last answer
My husband has early onset Alzheimer's, symptoms beginning 10 years ago, and it is progressing very slowly. 2.5 years ago, he was hospitalized with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. After 5 days in ICU, he was released to my care unable to even...
faithgoeson2 | Last answer
Drugs increase death rate of Alzheimer's patients The use of anti-psychotic drugs used to treat dementia patients. First of all, a 2006 study showed that Alzheimer's patients who took these drugs had no significant improvement ...
deepdiver | Last answer
Hi all, my dad has alzheimers and mom I think is getting dementia. I moved from another state to help them,originally I lived with them. Well that didn't work out. They loved it but I was extremely miserable. It looks like I'm going to h...
luvdolphins58 | Posted
my husband was officially diagnosed just this past May... I have known I think in my mind for the past three years... he is having a tough time accepting this.... his MMI test scores are always low because his anxiety levels go through t...
jordiepup | Last comment
my husband has dementia and hear failure.he gets very agitated also has sundown syndrome. he wants to go to the hospital or docs every day. has tons of medical complaints . will not give keys up to car and doc told him to let me drive. ...
ladypar72 | Last answer
This is my first post here and i discovered the forum while looking for information about symptoms I've been experiencing. For the past few months I've been experiencing what I called difficulty accessing my vocabulary, or finding wor...
Dundeeman | Last answer
1236893_tn?1408490528
MEMORY PRESERVATION DIET™ © 2005 TO REDUCE RISK AND SLOW PROGRESSION OF ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE http://www.researchgate.net/publication/238663143_MEMORY_PRESERVATION_DIET__2005_TO_REDUCE_RISK_AND_SLOW_PROGRESSION_OF_ALZHEIMER'S_DISEA...
gymdandee | Last answer
I drank 2 vodka and 2 beers, i didn't really drink it but took a sip on all of them and threw it in the drain, and after that day i woke up in the morning and i notice that when i take a look at my left or right i feel a falling sensatio...
mike012 | Posted
1236893_tn?1408490528
Researchers at Tufts University in Boston wanted to examine the effects of walnuts a nut rich in omega-3s on the accumulation of polyubiquitinated proteins in the brain. This substance is the hallmark of many age-related neurodegenerativ...
gymdandee | Posted
My mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She lives with us now. Things used to be ok in the beginning, but now she gets really aggressive when it comes to things she doesn't approve of. Worst part is she doesn't recognize me. So sh...
GloriaGrant | Last answer
Don't really have a question, just need help and to vent.. my husband has worked for a gentlemen for aboit 30 years. . They are also very good friends.. I've known him 20 years through my husband. .we have vacationed together and spent a...
mlajl | Last answer
144586_tn?1284669764
Rather than me doing a " cut and paste" do a google search for "Alzheimer's" and "treatment" and "ultrasound". It's too early to get hopes very high but researchers have apparently developed a treatment that may reverse Alzheimer's in a ...
caregiver222 | Last answer
I need to wear a camera on my shirt and have someone watch online to ensure ( to the best of their ability) my safety I have found alzhimers forums asking for my financial information and more there is a group who made this service for...
jamesmatheson | Posted
212161_tn?1432037254
when my mom had alz i found out you have to go into their world, as long as they are not getting hurt, you need to be in their world. and don't tell them bad news its like they have heard it for the first time, like my moms mom passed an...
After diagnosis, how much exercise should be incorporated into a disease management routine?
Boston_Dave | Last answer
my mother is in a nursing home and has obvious confusion sometimes, short term memory loss, but most of all she has a lot of hallucinations. she tells me she see these things that i know haven't happened, like some man is chopping off...
1oftheclub222 | Last answer
My mom is 71 and has recently been diagnosed with early alzheimers. After several appts. the past couple of years with neurologists, psychologist, etc. and appts. at Shands Hospital, we are left with so many unanswered questions. No one...
KDMoose007 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alzheimer's Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...