Aa
A
A
Close

Alzheimer's Disease Community

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

81 - 100 (of 574) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
212161 tn?1432037254
this is so true
  Posted
212161 tn?1432037254
Thinking about my mom and what a journey it was to go threw alzheimers with her. it was a long hard road at times, but what a Blessing to walk it with her, to be there when she needed me, not when I needed her. she was a great mom an...
  Posted
Exelon patch is on back order from the manufacturer until October 24. What alternatives are there?
  Posted
212161 tn?1432037254
?
Could diabetes and Alzheimer’s be caused by some types of exposures? We have reasonable evidence that human exposure to nitrosamines is at the root cause of not only Alzheimer’s, but several other insulin-resistance diseases, includin...
  Posted
5300020 tn?1376765979
Im shopping for homes for mom still. No one wants her because shes only 59 and has Medicaid. I have a gut feeling that moving her into a home is going to be a rough transition and she wont want to stay. Anyone have this problem? Thanks i...
  Posted
Alzheimer is a very tricky disease in which people are refrained of the future and the feeling or experience of being old and enjoying more the life. I Learned that young people can also have this kind of disease, which means everyone is...
  Posted
212161 tn?1432037254
What is one way to make your Love one feel Safe when they are so confused ?
  Posted
5300020 tn?1376765979
Anyone else taking care of someone in the later, but still mobile stages? My mom has EOA and is only 59. So shes super mobile but her cognition is lost. Shes constantly getting into stuff, bruising herself, flooding my bathroom and kitc...
  Posted
657231 tn?1453836403
My Father-in-Law is currently in the hospital. He was admitted after a 103 fever and they thought he had pneumonia. An x-ray showed he had a shadow in his right lung in April, which we knew about but the doctor said given his conditions,...
  Posted
5632462 tn?1371324558
Hi my mum is showing signs of some kind of mental health issue it has been long term but i think it is starting to progress I didn't realise it was this bad until i came home to live for a while. My dad is her next of kin and we do not g...
  Posted
My grandfather has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia this year and he's been going down hill memory wise very fast. I am 31 weeks pregnant and currently living with him and my grandmother. He is constantly fighting with my gran...
  Posted
Is there any kind of help for people in the first stages of dementia beside Namenda.? Is there anything in the health food stores that can be taken.? And does vitamin B1 help.?
  Posted
My husband is 76 yrs. old. A year and a half ago the doctor said he had the first stages of dementia. It seems to be getting worse. He is taking Namenda. He also has a heart condition and a lung condition. He is on oxygen 24/7. He is al...
  Posted
5693817 tn?1372535997
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and pretty new to being the primary caregiver for my wife, who has Alzheimer's. She's recently taken to hiding things (especially our TV remotes) and we can't find them. Does anyone have any strategies ...
  Posted
I am 15 years old and I know I have great memory and even orientation but lately I keep forgetting stuff almost instantly. To give you an example of my latest incident: My cousins cousin introduced himself to me but after he told me his ...
  Posted
I am 40 years old. Apparently I have been saying stuff, reading stuff, and doing stuff that I don't even remember doing! I am about in tears. My husband tells me this stuff. I have chiari malformation and I've had 2 brain surgeries. I k...
  Posted
My parents were married for 62 years and had an incredible bond. Both were disabled in different ways and suffered dementia, though my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer. My mother has passed away nine days ago. My father has not realiz...
  Posted
5686022 tn?1372359780
STD
I always moved quickly, thought quickly, and moved fast. I mentioned to my wife this morning that I am learning to compensate for Alzheimers by stopping and thinking before doing. She replied, "that would be a great acronym: 'STD' for ...
  Posted
It's been one month since my mother doesn't recognise her own house anymore. She keeps asking me to take her home and no matter what I tell her or do she believes she lives in a different place although she is, of course, at home ! How ...
  Posted
My mom develops sinusitis issues with us say whatever we have on its making her act like she has a hairball in her throat nut when Uncles smell heavy with cigarette smoke enough to make me and my son to gag but no sinus issues from mom ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alzheimer's Disease Community Resources
Top Senior Health Answerers
212161 tn?1432037254
Blank
heartfluttersflyawayplz