Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Animal Health - General Forum

This forum is for general pet health questions, such as questions about medications, parasites, vaccines, infectious diseases, breed specific and genetic problems.

1 - 20 (of 4338) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi Doctor, I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this question so please let me know if I need to transfer to the correct area. I am an Australian currently travelling through Vietnam and have have been scratched by a rat....
  Posted
singular episode of vomiting, 10 hrs after breakfast, just bile, had some unsteady gait during the event, so considered this a red flag. Abdominal plapating revealed that the dog tensed during the process. Vet recommended xray of abdomen...
  Posted
I would like to get an expert opinion on a potential auto-immune disorder. Since the day after receiving a large group of vaccinations at 1 year old, my dog has had varying symptoms listed below, with the most frequent being bacterial f...
  Posted
I have a 7yr. old Golden Retriever who was diagnosed three years ago with a "suspected heart murmur." This has now been confirmed, and the blood test result is in the "middle range" and the vet thinks it is a leaking heart valve. The dog...
  Posted
765439 tn?1292964014
Hi how's i going? I have a few questions that I would-appreciate help with. I own a 130 pound 3.5 yr old great pyr. July of this yr he developed a ump that was concerning to me I took him to the vet and we decided to do a wait and see ap...
  Posted
My overweight cat of 3 yrs age, for 4 days now has been unable to have a bowel movement but has been able to urinate strong urine. He now lays in the pee and moves to another couch cushion to pee and lay in it again. He won't eat and I'm...
  Posted
In July my 15 year female cat started to have seizures. The first night I noticed she said on my lap and started having heavy seizures that were about 2 to 3 minutes apart and lasted for about 30 minutes. The next day I called my vet an...
  Posted
UK. My collie is 12 years old, he has recently had a vascular tumour removed from his hind leg from which he has recovered fine. Recently he is itchy and is gnawing himself and his fur is very thin and falling out as he scratches. He ha...
  Posted
Hello, I have a sixteen year old cat who was recently diagnosed for hyperthyroidism and is being treated with methimazole. For the last few months, my vet has been regulating his bloodwork and changing his dosage accordingly. So far h...
  Posted
My husky ate a bamboo skewer 3 weeks ago. He chewed it into 2-3 smaller pieces before swallowing. He was fine for the first 3 days and on the 4th day he threw up twice and was in a lot of pain. I brought him to his regular vet and they...
  Posted
my savannah monitor pooped out wat looks to be like her stomache! im in the very middle of moving into my new home. i cant afford a vet right now and i want my 11 inch monitor to survive. PLEASE HELP give me advice on what happened to he...
  Posted
4294081 tn?1352336837
Hi im just wondering if anyone knows what this might be...?? 2 Days ago on the lower part of my dogs upper lip i thought there may have been a reddish circle but couldn't decide if it was or wasn't there. Next day there is definitely a...
  Posted
Hello, My dog's anus has a rash that has turned black in color (from the usual pinkish). It itches him. What is this and what can be done? Thanks
  Posted
Im wondering if I should take my dog to the vets office today. Shes in good spirits. her tails wagging. She has a weird allergy like a month ago and he took antibiotics. Maybe it didnt work and it came back? Or do they look like ant bite...
  Posted
I'm not sure if this is anything serious or not, but one of my cat's eyes has been a weird color since yesterday morning. It doesnt look crusty or anything, and hes not really tearing..But its almost like a slight glazed shene over th...
  Posted
hi< my 6 monthold puppy was diagnosed with pneumonia last monday, i took him to the vets after aweek of a little coughing and fast breathing. they kept him in a done an x-ray and called me an few hours later to say that it was pneumoni...
  Posted
My cat had an alarming chest x-ray after I brought him in for coughing and sneezing. Besides that he is very healthy and eats and drinks and maintains his weight. He is deduced to have mycoplasma pneumonia. He was put on doxycycline, and...
  Posted
Just two days ago, my hyperactive minischnauzer transformed into this strange dog I don't know (and seems like she doesn't know me---our 8-9 year friendship does not seem to register with her anymore, she doesn't seem to have any particu...
  Posted
Hi, I have a 3 year old female pug and 2x in the last few days, I take her outside to go to the bathroom and she will urinate as normal and then a minute later she will squat to urinate and it is blood. The first one is perfectly fine a...
  Posted
1943833 tn?1349280189
I have a 16 week old boxer who has been diagnosed with renal failure (most likely congenital). He is now on the Science Hill R/D diet (1 can wet with a 1/2c dry mixed in, 2x daily), pepcid once a day and a phosphorus blocker. We are doin...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank