Aa
A
A
Close

Anorexia, Bulimia & Binge Eating Forum

Questions in the Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Forum are being answered by Dr. Patricia Pitts, PhD, a Clinical Psychologist from The Bella Vita Program - CA.

41 - 60 (of 493) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm in my mid 20's. I have always been pettie I am just under 5ft & currently weigh 94lbs, which isnt exactly underweight, but I am affraid that I am starting to have an eatting disorder. I do not think that I am fat. I'm not fat,I am ...
  Posted
For the past few years I've been having BAD stomach problems. I'm a little over weight.. I'm 14 and weigh around 170-175... I hardly ever have a BM.. Maybe once (and if I'm lucky twice) a week. I always have Diarrhea. Hardly ever have ...
  Posted
I I am trying to be recovering from anorexia. While my state of mind may not be where it should be, my actual food intake has been pretty solid in the past few weeks. I got 3096 calories today, which is high for me, but not drastically...
  Posted
I have suffered from anorexia in the past, and know i am going down that track again. Unlike last time, i do now have 1 meal a day, but eat btwn 100 and 200 calories. I am also on anti seizure medication, Epilum, and also on Olanzapine a...
  Posted
I'm 18 years old and have never weighed over 117 pounds. Since I was about 15, my normal weight was about 115. I decided I wanted to lose weight almost two months ago when I was at 117. It took me almost a month to drop a pound...so I st...
  Posted
I have had now every possible eating disorder since 14 years. At the moment it is back to anorexia. I want to gain weight and manage to have 2000 cal per day. But that is not enough for me to gain any weight. How big should I make my...
  Posted
I am 58 years old and believe I am through menopause. I have not had a period for 1 year and 6 months. I am unable to have sex with my husband. My vagina seems to be closing and when we try to have intercourse it is very painful. Wha...
  Posted
I never had an issue with food or weight, until i gained 15 pounds. Hating how i looked and felt i joined weight watchers and lost weight quickly and efficitively, 10 pounds in about 1.5 months. The problem is that i began for the firs...
  Posted
876583 tn?1339131252
Hi there, I have been struggling with anorexia for about 7 years now. I became ill when I was 15 and now I am 22 years old. I had to wait to seek treatment until I left home for university because my parents refused to get me the help...
  Posted
I will start with some general detail; I am 15 years old and have struggled with anorexia for 2 years on and off. I would say i am naturally around 115 lbs but right now i weigh 88. (my height is 5'2) For the past months I have been seve...
  Posted
My step daughter is Bulimic. She denies this, although she's been to counseling for it (which clearly didn't work). As of late, she's making immediate trips to the bathroom after eating and is flushing the toilet multiple times. Aft...
  Posted
I am 26 years old and have been anorexic/bulimic for the past 11 years. I have been to 5 acute inpatient units specifically for E.D.s, 2 residential treatment centers, and several intensive outpatient programs. I do currently have a fu...
  Posted
1366914 tn?1290870256
Hi, I have had back and forth episodesof eaither not eating for a few days, then going back to my normal eating. Also I have many times counted calories, not allowing myself over 500 per day, only after a few weeks return to normal eatin...
  Posted
I first went to my doc 8 months ago and was diagnosed with depression. Even then, I knew deep down that I was bulimic and the two were connected, but I kept quiet. I finally admitted to her about my vomiting a couple of months ago. Wh...
  Posted
Hello Im searching for some answers I suffered badly as a teenager in to my late twenties with anorexia, nearly dieing, getting down to 4 stone 5 pounds, with treatment i was able to slowly recover and since 1987 have been fairly well...
  Posted
I have been extremely ill with anorexia in the past, but nowadays I try to eat as 'normally as possible', however recent changes in my lifestyle have caused my weight to plummet and I am starting to feel really ill again. I am constantly...
  Posted
Right basically I've gone from weighing around 8 and a 1/2 st to 7 and a 1/2 st in around 4 weeks (not sure exact) by eating between 400 kcal to 600kcal including exercise, on around 3 days of the week this includes 1 and a 1/2 hours of ...
  Posted
I looked online, but can't find any info of this drug being used for this purpose. My doctor said it was to protect my oesophagus, as I've had blood in my vomit recently. I'm worried that it might have other effects. I know that it is...
  Posted
Does anyone have contact details of self help groups for anorexic / bulimics based on the 12 step program or, similar? tiny26
  Posted
712314 tn?1303101690
Since i've been to college the whole purge/restricting has gotten way worse. I'm purging everything that i eat and i have been doing this for 3 weeks. Last week i had to go to the ER for a IV becasuse i was dehydrated. I don't know what...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank