Aa
A
A
Close

Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

21 - 40 (of 73) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi, I'm almost 9 months post-op for my craniotomy. AVM was treated successfully but I still have an aneurysm that will be monitored. It may or may not be associated with the AVM. I was wondering a few things: 1) How likely is it that ...
AnnaTr | Last answer
I had 2 spinal AVM's embolized 2 weeks ago. I still have a lot of back pain. Is that normal?
boataccident | Last answer
2074300_tn?1340594685
Hi....my name is Laurie........I have had 4 brain surgeries.....and am still here. I have been reading many of your posts and just wanted to jump on and tell you about a a book I am reading that is too amazing for words...it is........
buncogirl003 | Last answer
i had a hemorrhage when i was 5 but it was mistakenly diagnosed as encephalitis.so i found out about AVM only 2 years ago. i had an operation 8 months ago,they fixed 75% of AVM.and now doc checked my head again and told me that my 25% b...
Vittorio23 | Last answer
5189993_tn?1364915757
I have a growth in my hand that I've had since I was a baby. It started as a small dot in my middle finger of my left hand and has progressed throughout my life. I remember it being called arteriovenous hemangioma, and I have been told i...
Jenn7290 | Last answer
What is it? Can it turn into a avm and why aren't doc worried about it?
canadianhockeymom | Last answer
Hello, my daughter has since birth had a aera on her temple that was kinda dented and the veins wet red. Well it started to develop a knot that is now the size of a watermelon seed. We took her to children's and they said avm. Its a l...
dboyrollz76 | Last answer
Hello, I am new to this community. I have an interest due to my mum being diagnosed with a large brain AVM. She had a pulmonary embolism last week (no known cause) and is currently receiving warfarin and heparin injections. I am conc...
sparklyjenson | Last answer
Hi I am writing on behalf of my son who is now a teenager who has dyslexia and was also born with an imperforate anus. The reason for writing is that he had what appeared to be a strawberry mark on his upper lip which appeared as a f...
beauty2010 | Last answer
4186651_tn?1357834557
What exactly is AVM? Mine is located in the FP so the MRI says.
wingnutt | Last answer
4186651_tn?1357834557
I'm 46 years old and was just diagnosed with AVM and Chiari Malformation of 5mm with numerous symptoms! My pcp and neurologist didn't seem concerned at all!! I'm petrified! They're not doing anything at all for me despite being nauseous ...
wingnutt | Last answer
Had an MRI today around 1pm. At 345 I received a call to come back right away for an MRA. They thought I had an aneurysm, ended up it wasn't but said my vessels in my brain are very twisted and appeared like an aneurysm on MRI. Does h...
rondoo | Last answer
Hi, I am asking on behalf of my friend in China. She had a T12-L1 (due to congenital) Arteriovenous fistula surgery in Nov. 2007. After that, she has experienced painful atrophy of her left calf. Meantime, she has had a serious atrop...
cmq419 | Last answer
Back in 2009, I had radioscopic surgery to an AVM located in the left frontal lobe of my brain. My doctors and I still are waiting for the complete fruition of the time period following the operation. One of the sideeffects I'm experi...
mikeeru2 | Last answer
A few weeks ago I had an MRI due to diagnosed left side deficit.... Which stated that in the left ganglia region there was found an venous anomaly.  I then had an EMG .... Which turned out bad as my left side totally seized up, I could n...
Mozartcowgirl | Last answer
avm
recently i was diagnosed through both and mri and a mra to have a avm on the right side of my brain w/o an aneurysm however it says that there is an enlargment of the right anterior cerebral artery that is the vascular supply to the avm,...
tashanw | Last answer
I was diagnosed with an AVM above the inside of my left ankle several years ago. It only occasionally causes pain, so I opted not to have any surgery done on it. I read somewhere that there are different stages of an AVM. Does anyon...
AmeriGirlUK | Last answer
is there any one out there that has avm and if so i would be greatfull 4 u 2 get back to me even my dr know's very little about it thank's
jimbojet | Last answer
im 30 years old and had a massive hemmoratic stroke in nov 2011 they said they are amazed im alive. ive been left with weakness on my left side but since then im depressed. scared and cry all the time. ive jyst recieved a letter for radi...
funkychick93 | Last answer
avm
I am a friend of an avm survivor. She is 45 old female, diagnosed her avm 3 years ago. Her avm is 23 mm in diameter and makes pressure on spinal cord at the back of her head where nerves for breathing control and heart are situated. Ther...
dubravka443 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community Resources