Aa
A
A
Close

Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community

WELCOME TO THE ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION (AVM) COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Arteriovenous Malformations, which are defects of the circulatory system that are generally believed to arise during embryonic or fetal development or soon after birth. They are comprised of snarled tangles of arteries and veins.

41 - 60 (of 74) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
avm
I am a friend of an avm survivor. She is 45 old female, diagnosed her avm 3 years ago. Her avm is 23 mm in diameter and makes pressure on spinal cord at the back of her head where nerves for breathing control and heart are situated. Ther...
  Posted
ALL
I have a large AVM on the Right Side of my Brain, many surgeons have told me this is inoperable, but it's good that it;s large, as the arteries and vein have more room. I did choose to have kids with my husband at the time, as the neuro-...
  Posted
I am 46 yrs old. I have a myopathy and resp. muscle weakness. I also have an enlarged pulmonary artery, nodules in my lungs. I had a CTA in Dec. that confirmed AVM's of my left upper lobe. From what I read, avm's are fairly uncommon in t...
  Posted
I had an AVM of the face, right behind my right cheek bone, under my eye. I had a coil put in about 5 years ago. I was worried to get pregnant because the MDs told me that if I had gotten pregnant before they fixed it, the increased bloo...
  Posted
Hi, I was recently diagnosed with low heart beat, and advised not to take beta blockers. Also, the recent changes in my medications treatment include, per my doctors advice, adding Restasis (for the last year); and Vitamin D-3 (~27...
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Hi, Please join me in welcoming Sweetpea03 as your new Community Leader for the AVM Community. Sweetpea03 has helped many people on the community, and we look forward to her working to help your Community continue to improve and grow....
  Posted
In August 2009 I suffered extreme pain in my back and within three hours I lost all sensory and motor function below my belly button. I was rushed to the hospital and there was an operation and they removed blood that was putting pressur...
  Posted
i had AVM 3 years back . i had a minor bleeding in the brain. after that i went through Gamma knife treatment.it was three back.but still i am having seizures daily which last 20 to 40 seconds some time less some time more than this.i c...
  Posted
1553009 tn?1295370919
AM VERY THANKFUL TO DR. CHRISTOPHER HELPING UNDER NEUROLOGY SECTION OF THIS SITE, WHO TOOK INTEREST IN MY PREVIOUS QUESTION RELATED TO THE PROBLEM OF ONE OF MY RELATIVE HAVING SEVER BACK PAIN WITH BLACK SPOTS IN HER MRI. JUST TODAY ...
  Posted
Dear friends, during a normal check-up a doctor found out a strange noise while hearing with the stethoskope at the right side of my neck. This was exactely one year ago. now, after a catheter angiography, I got to know that I have an...
  Posted
I am looking for any suggestions or tips that anyone can give me that would be helpful. I am 24 years old with a history or depression/anxiety, ocd , and IBS, I pass out from time to time due to low blood pressure. I had a TIA 4 months a...
  Posted
1456948 tn?1285467972
My sister had a ruptured blood clot in her brain when she was 15. That was way before any of the modern anything. She was lucky to be alive and recover. For years neurologists and radiologists reported from MRIs I had a venous angioma...
  Posted
641391 tn?1284915844
Hello, I am sorry that I didn't get ur name, but will. I have been a member for over a yr., but I had 2 run a system restore and I can't get to any of my lists that I go to, esp. my watch list. OH...I am sick. Anyway, sounds like w...
  Posted
its curly again just woke up with my body hurting and stingin all over im taking pregablin for it but it dont help my hips realy hurt sweat every where iv been all right for about a fortnight and it started again please help ron
  Posted
i had an opp to remove avm from my spine it all went wrong it left me parlized from the waist down all kinds of tabs paracetamol temgesic lisinopril amitriptyline baclofen omeprazole metformin dont seem to help any help please ron t...
  Posted
i hadan opp in 2003 for an avm i was paralized from the waist down iv been in a wheel chair ever since and now i suffer a lot with stingin inside my legs and very painfull hips and lower back pain the meds i take baclofen temgesic li...
  Posted
1484133 tn?1287844973
My name is Anna and im 24 years old ..i have a reanl artery sclerosy, one year ago i made the procedure named angiography during wiht i had a stent put in my artery for opening it ,though after that my blood pressure never went down bein...
  Posted
1473689 tn?1286996094
hi every body i hope u r all ok my inquiry is>>>> how is AV shunt causing heart failure??? please help me as soon as possible good luck
  Posted
368646 tn?1208397487
I had an AVM removed (after it burst) five years agonear the brainstem and am still in severe and progressive neurological decline. Neuros do not believe me since the structure of my brain hasn't changed. I am miserable. I have had an...
  Posted
A few months ago, I was given a full work-up for multiple sclerosis due to tingling and numbness in my right side. I also felt dizzy periodically. As you might guess, I don't have MS, but I am beginning to wonder if some circulatory i...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...