Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Asperger's Syndrome Community

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

41 - 60 (of 959) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My 24 year old son has most all of aspies symptoms and the anxiety he feels seems tobe increasing. I have suggested he read about aspergers and look for support blogs. He doesn't want to aknowledge this could be an issue. I have told him...
  Posted
My medical doctor suspects AS, but I have to see the psychiatrist for a proper diagnosis. Later I will cover my social and work life. Home/Personal Life: I'll start with textures and sounds. Certain textures and sounds are very ...
  Posted
My son, Aidan, is 5 and half years old and preparing to enter Kindergarten in apublic school on the fall. He started having behavioral issues when he was 2 1/2 everything from bouncing off the falls to repetitive behaviors like flipping ...
  Posted
I have been dating and living with a 22 year-old male for about a year now. He has asperger's syndrome, and told me early on in our relationship. He does have some different tendancies, such as periods of extreme excitement and uncontrol...
  Posted
hi im new here and need some advice,i have a 14 yr old boy who refuses to leave his room most days he hasn't attended school now for nearly 21/2 yrs due to extreme anxiety and depression.he was only diagnoised 12 months ago so im guessin...
  Posted
I have a 20 year old son he was diagnosed at the age of 4 with autism, as he got older he was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, and now diagnosed with bi-polar, he is very aggressive and if he don't get his own way he can become aggitat...
  Posted
Hi, my 8 year old son has Aspergers and will not go to the public toilet for #2 . He will hold on for hours sometime days if we are away or camping. It frustrated me to the point I just want to cry. I gave no idea how to help him overcom...
  Posted
My 12 yr old son has a aspergers and adhd and he has open sores all over them and he cannot stand a scab on them at all he picks them off. It's very stressful. Any suggestions. ...
  Posted
10353313 tn?1409529188
I have asperger syndrome and I am thinking can anyone with this disorder have antisocial personality disorder.Cause I been told by people I am selfish,dont ccare for anyone,manipulative and dramatic
  Posted
Hi, My son is 26 years old with aspergers. He now has other issues as well and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced any of these and what they did. He started cutting himself at age 22 He has anger outbursts. These outbu...
  Posted
I have noticed many posts about families with sons with what might be Aspergers. So many different symptoms all over the place. So many concerns. I have done well, I think, with the social issues and might be of some help to others. ...
  Posted
7895439 tn?1410261337
My son is 16. He was diagnosed with ADHD at 7 and took a stimulant. He was diagnosed with OCD and depression at 14 and takes an antidepressent. I know he has Asperger's though since he has all the signs, and I want to do something abo...
  Posted
Im engaged to a 30 yr old man with aspergers and i have been with him for almost three yrs we have a child together but because of this our child lives with his grandparents i just found out hes has this and bipoler i need help i dont kn...
  Posted
A mother knows her child best...you live with him or her, and observe them more than anyone else. Go with your instincts fight for your child, if you dont, no one else will....my son didnt get diagnosed till he was 15. I tried, wasnt sur...
  Posted
613083 tn?1220839124
My now almost 12 year old has always been a bit different. In preschool I questioned why he didnt play with the other children, but they said it was wonderful that he could play by himself. In early elementary years he was "independent b...
  Posted
Im engaged to a 30 yr old man with aspergers and i have been with him for almost three yrs we have a child together but because of this our child lives with his grandparents i just found out hes has this and bipoler i need help i dont kn...
  Posted
1674106 tn?1403383090
I was apparently diagnosed as having Asperger's, or a mild form of Autism as a child. My mother never told me, so I never knew, until I pieced it together and then got diagnosed AGAIN as having mild Asperger's. But my inner problems and ...
  Posted
I am a parent of a 20 year old son who has Asperger's Syndrome.. He is in need of being placed in group home and therapy within Utah! How do I find a good therapist and group home?? HELP HELP HELP As the mother, I am beyond frustrate...
  Posted
My son recently turned 16 and is only getting worse. More meltdows, more rage. I'm afraid he's going to hurt someone. he is currently working with two different therapists simultaneously. He's gone to the ER several times for suicide th...
  Posted
My son began having melt downs when he was 23yrs old. up until then he only had the common symptoms of sensory issues, no eye contact, lack of social skills. At age 23 he began showing signs of depression, cutting himself, and violent an...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources