Aa
A
A
Close

Asperger's Syndrome Community

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Asperger Syndrome issues such as: Balance, Behavioral Issues, Causes, Characteristics, Classification, Clumsiness, Communication, Diagnosis, Gait – Walking, Genetics, Medications. Parenting, Prognosis, Restricted and repetitive interests and behavior, School Issues, Screening Sleep Disorders, Social interaction, Speech and language, Treatment

81 - 100 (of 959) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My 38 year old son has Aspbergers Syndrome from an auto accident when he was three. He is a college grad, but has difficulty holding a job. We are looking for some sort of group living arrangement in Houston, Texas for adu TX with Asp...
  Posted
I am 25, female. Always been clumsy e.g falling downstairs and banging into things, speak whats on my mind, frequently don't think about what i say and offend people. Don't know how best to communciate and say things back to front. i...
  Posted
My 4 year old grandson was seen for an hour by a doctor specializing in Autism. He was diagnosed with having a mild case of Asperger's. I'm not trying to be in 'denial', and I think he has issues, but am confused when I read about Aspe...
  Posted
Nobody loves me. I know nobody. No possible source of support at all. I just found out i have aspergers and my family is as cruel to me as ever. Seeking treatment would be hell because it takes so long. An hour of scheduled kindness just...
  Posted
My hubby and I adopted 2 grandsons. One was an infant, the other was a toddler. Bio parents were on drugs, and the children were neglected and prenatally exposed to drugs and alcohol. They are now 8 and 10 years old. The youngest was p...
  Posted
My son is 9 years old. He recently got diagnosed with "high functioning autism". He is in 2nd grade. He's the only child. He has a lot of anger issues. If I do something he doesn't like he goes for punching me. If I back up quick and he ...
  Posted
Hi everyone. Its good to be back. I was wondering if its at all possible to be misdiagnosed with BPD(borderline) if your an aspie? I've thought for the last three or four years that I have BPD but I'm not a cutter, I'm not suicidal and I...
  Posted
Is all I want to know at this point. I have lived for years going through cycles. I will be OK for a few weeks. I would even be so bold as to say I would feel normal. Then I crash. Then I binge on whatever addictive's i have whether ...
  Posted
Hi, im 19 years old and living with aspergers syndrome. I graduated high school and I am a college student now. I just recently found out that im pregnant. Can my child get aspergers too?
  Posted
Hi I am new here and hope this site will help tremendously. My daughter is 13 and recently diagnosed with Asperger's. I have suspected it since she was 7. My question is has anyone dealt with their child being forced to continue on in...
  Posted
We have an adult son who graduated college at the age of 29. He's very bright, but getting through college was a struggle. However, he did graduate 2 years ago and cannot get a job toward a career! He is and has been a waiter for 10 year...
  Posted
My mother has been odd my whole life, but in the past 5 years or so I have begun to think that there is actually something different about her brain - that she'd not just an odd person. She is extremely withdrawn socially - she has no...
  Posted
1353681 tn?1387087333
I have a friend who once mentioned to me in conversation something I didn't further discuss with them, because I wasn't sure of what it was, but I probably should have clarified. My friend said, "I am high functioning with no guardian....
  Posted
My daughter is at university and I think she may have Asperger's. Although this has never been diagnosed, it would explain a lot. Is there any advice how to bring this up in a way that isn't offensive? She is angry with me a lot of the...
  Posted
5017003 tn?1362385222
My brother now at the age of 21 was diagnosed with asburgers 2 years ago. He plays world of war craft continuously. He gets the tamptrums he refuses to live life alone and is very very smart but had horrible grades. He took the act got ...
  Posted
How do you know if your child has Asperger's?
  Posted
Sorry in advance this is long but it just avoids misinterpretations with the responses. So I’m not sure if this guy is just insanely busy + completely disinterested or if there’s more going on with his personality. We met online w...
  Posted
My 14 yr old son has Asperger's Syndrome and Impulse Control issues. I would like to know what would be the reason he likes to save his urine. Not saying the dx he already has would have anything to do with this issue.
  Posted
I am posing this question on behalf of our 17 year old since I haven't found any applicable and credible research on this topic for him. Our son has the combined diagnosis of Asperger's (very high functioning ASD) and ADHD. He is taking ...
  Posted
My grandson was diagnosed with Asperger's and autism, OCD and some more of the alphabet soup that the doctors add to some diagnosis. We knew that he was "different" when he was little, but the doctors didn't want to "label" him before h...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Asperger's Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...