Aa
A
A
Close

Ataxia Community

WELCOME to the ATAXIA COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Ataxia, which occurs when parts of the nervous system that control movement are damaged. People with ataxia experience a failure of muscle control in their arms and legs, resulting in a lack of balance and coordination or a disturbance of gait.

21 - 40 (of 51) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
AMO
Dear Lisa, I thought it would be good to make posts to it's o wn thread that we can designate to your chat. Not that thhe Welcome has many add ons yet. LOL Of coarse continnue to post! I do try to get here each aand every da...
  Posted
I would like to know your experiences with being pregnant with an ataxic gait...how did it feel toward the end of your pregnancy? Or during your pregnancy? How was walking for you? Getting up, bending over? Where you in pain? Did you ev...
  Posted
hi amo..thankyou so much for you wonderful subtle reply lol how are you? my daughter is not so bad..she had a few falls today..same as any other but she is amazing...
  Posted
4054358 tn?1349369836
I have a 28 year old daughter with Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 1, A rare degenerative neurological disorder. She is 95lb's and she eats three meals a day plus snacks in between but never gains any weight. Should she be drinking weight ga...
  Posted
I am a 73yr old ,who recently had a Hysterectomy, Sept. 5, 2012. Everything came out ok. Some vomiting of bile two days after surgery,.The doctors inserted some kind of instrument up my nose. It stopped the vomiting. .. Not that much pa...
  Posted
Hi, I was wondering what would cause a sudden loss of control in fine hand movements due to hand-eye coordination problems for a young adult? It effects actions like holding a plate to balance it, writing, turning a key in a lock, et...
  Posted
Hi Has anyonehad a lumbar puncture? What was it like? Did it hurt? Was it painful afterwards? How exactly can it help? Sorry for all the questions but I'm terrified of all things medical. I find that if I know whats coming I can ma...
  Posted
everytime i come on there is no one
  Posted
Can our body get rid of excess of vitamin E??
  Posted
my daughter is 5 ,she developed ataxia from surgery fro a juvenille pilocystic astrocytoma full resection has vp shunt in place . she has very poor balance and coordination and uses a k frame to get around. we are having difficulties w...
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Hi, Please join me in welcoming AMO as your new Community Leader for the Ataxia Community. AMO has helped many people on the community, and we look forward to AMO working to help your Community continue to improve and grow. Chery...
  Posted
1402411 tn?1292879476
My knees just buckle for no reason, I have vertigo and IHave Neouropathy everywhere. Legs,arms,digestive tract,colen,and girly parts are even numb. My DR says it is Celiac Disease and I need a neurologist, and a biopsy for insurance so t...
  Posted
After 3 1/2 years, my father is now told he has Ataxia. He experienced a popping in his brain back then followed by nausea, then shortly thereafter he began having episodes where his legs just suddenly give out on him or he feels vertigo...
  Posted
My little boy who is now 17 months old has been told to have ataxia by his physical therapist. I am just courios if this is true?? His symptoms: He was born with scoliosis and at 6 months old he saw an orthop dr who said it would probabl...
  Posted
When I was 17, I had fallen asleep. Prior to waking up, my mother was giving me allergy medicine, but everytime I woke up (every 2 to 2.5 hours), I kept getting dizzier and dizzier. When I woke up, I was barely able to see, I couldn't wa...
  Posted
Hi I tend to get dizziness whenever i stare at moving objects for eg . moving vehicles, watching a match of tennis etc...Why is it so ? is it something serious? Also my eye power is high....
  Posted
1483956 tn?1288817761
i dont know which form of ataxia i have, but i get a cramp feeling in my left leg. i wanted 2 know wot it is and if anybody else suffers wiv it,thanks x
  Posted
1413972 tn?1305583364
hey all. i jus wondered if anyone else had heard of eposidic ataxia (think thats spelt right) and any information id be greatful for. thanx! emza
  Posted
1486870 tn?1288063917
Hello. I am a 28 year old male with Olivoponto cerebellar atrophy and a dandy walker malfoemation of my cerebellum. Only my gait and legs are noticably affected--and just my coordination. They are currently screening my DNA for SCA 5...
  Posted
Please someone help us! Since 2009 my huspand 59 yrs old had develope accordin to the neurology ;spinocerebellar ataxia but he can not determine which of the 30. The 2nd MRI one was took on 2009, this one Sept.24,2010 reads as follow: ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ataxia Community Resources