Aa
A
A
Close
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.
41 - 60 (of 79) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and hal...
1 answer |
Since i was 5 ive been wetting the bed im now 21 no ones ever found a cause i only stopped when i was pregnant with my daughter n shes 2 ...
1 answer |
I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and hal...
1 answer |
Hi am 30 year old, recently during routine check up using 2D echo for heart found that i have an ASD from left to right of size 6.5MM. An...
2 answers |
Life went on well with fun till such time i came to know that im a heart patient with Conginental heart Disease.I m told i have devloped ...
6 answers |
Hi Doctor, My cousin is suffering from 1.6cm hole in heart(ASD) with 80mm hg RVSP. Cardiologist that we have consulted has suggested t...
1 answer |
I was diagnosed as a child with an ASD. I am not sure this has caused any issues, as they told me it closed up around 12. For the past ...
1 answer |
Hello all, About a year ago my mother suffered from heart disease which required the use of an ASD Occluder. We bought it, but unfortuna...
My nephew who is 1.5 months old is born with the ASD VSD PDA. Doctors has advised my cousins to come back when he is 12 weeks and then th...
3 answers |
Hi am 30 year old, recently during routine check up using 2D echo for heart found that i have an ASD from left to right of size 6.5MM. An...
589816 tn?1332980371
My son is 20 months old and has had many health issues due to delay in myelination in his brain. He was also diagnosed with moderate Atri...
3 answers |
Hello, my name is Amber and I am mom to 4 great kiddos:0) My youngest son, Jakob is 11yo. When he was 3 weeks old he was diagnosed with n...
1 answer |
Greetings, I am a 47 year old male who had an 18mm ASD repaired using a 22mm Amplatzer device a little over 7 months ago. Good news: ...
Is this the proper forum to talk about this condition? Thanks!
2 answers |
I had an ASD / mitral valve repair at the age of 6 1/2, and I've been visiting with my cardiologist twice per year ever since (I'm 21 now...
2 answers |
1423357 tn?1414258965
Late last year, I underwent successful cardiac ablation for lifelong Circus Movement Tachycardia. The ablation was performed in the Left...
2 answers |
168348 tn?1379360675
Hi, I found this info in our Health Pages! What is Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)? http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/280/Heart/W...
1 answer |
The results of a Persantine Stress Test with Radioisotope Perfusion are as follows: Stress myocardial perfusion results - large area of ...
1 answer |
1384124 tn?1279425101
Hi, I am 61 years old man with ASD and this week I was found the hole is 15mm x 17mm. In the past 61 years life, I didn't feel there were...
3 answers |
I am 39 and was just diagnosed with ASD. I have been having several problems as expected. I was wondering, at my age, what i should exp...
1 answer |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community Resources