Aa
A
A
Close

Autism & Asperger's Syndrome Forum

Questions in the Autism & Asperger's Syndrome forum are answered by researchers at the New England Center for Children. Topics covered include Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Antisocial Personality Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Autism, blindness, bullying, clinical depression, deafness, dyslexia, mental retardation, and social alienation.

1 - 20 (of 1043) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My son is 13 and has Down Syndrome. He has been rubbing his genitals using toys since he was 5. Once in Kindergarten he was rubbing his genitals on his teacher. Also once at his grandparents around the age of 8 he did this to his grandmo...
jmerawlings | Last answer
I have an 8 yr. old grandson, with Asperger's Syndrome who has made 3 suicidal attempts while in school on the Playground. He will become frustrated with a situation and go into a total MELTDOWN. One time the Sheriff Dept. was called ...
Grandmother1941 | Last answer
Hello, I am conerned about my son, who is 2.5 years old. He has always been a difficult child. Difficult sleeper, colicy, temper tantrums, head banging, screaming at the top of his lungs (even when he is happy). He has been this way s...
cmf53087 | Last answer
9280615_tn?1403007013
I have one-on-one contact with her 24 hrs. per day for 3 days per week. Her social functions are outstanding. Now after 9 months of my mentor/nurse she is asking questions, the answers lie in the part of her development she missed. In...
mentor4succes | Last answer
I work as a Special Needs Assistant and the young boy I work with constantly rubs himself up and down. I tell him to sit up and pay attention but I am in turmoil. I don't know if this is normal compared to his disability, I have asked ...
carriewalsh | Last answer
My daughter stopped cooing a month ago and makes no sounds. She is four months now. This happen to anyone?
Tracyttt | Posted
I had sex March 6 and I am due December 1 but my ULTRASOUND dd is November 29 Also my LMP was February 24.. so the timing doesn't make sense shouldn't I have a later dd? When did I get pregnant?
slimlee | Posted
I have a 4 year old autistic boy and im am pregnant with number 2 what is the chances of having more kids with autism?
DnanaSmith | Last answer
My 10-year-old granddaughter has Asperger's and precocious puberty, which at least in her case seem to go hand in hand. She is very tall and developed (5'3" and almost a C cup). We're concerned about breast continuing development at such...
xali | Posted
My baby's dads brother has aspergers. What are the chances my baby to be will have it?
Calistaco | Last answer
He is 3 and has only a few words. Stop, no, go and mama. The rest is intelligible babble which he does 99% of the time. Whether he is playing with us or by himself he is constantly babbling and making noises. Sometimes he will say someth...
Regret2011 | Last answer
My teen son was (kind of) diagnosed with high functioning Asperger's when he was 4 yrs of age. The doc put him through many test and after that just said that he would be fine, but he needed to go to speech. He did this for 7 years and s...
TheCalicos | Last answer
I have been in and out of mental assessments sense I was a young child, they have never ruled anything out but I am getting no help and I've been left to deal with it. I have an assessment for aspergers a few weeks ago but during the ass...
maryyyygigglebottom | Last answer
My 5 year old daughter has autism since starting back school after xmas hols she started off being very distressed and not wanting to go to school. She is now vomiting clear fluid most mornings before school she is not as distressed but ...
mrsgritton | Last answer
My 12 yr old daughter has non verbal learning disability and has some social issues like asperger. Will Bethyl B12 shots help with her social skills?
Jaymio | Last answer
My son (6 years old) is very intelligent and easily keeps up with his kindergarten 'academics' but there are 'attention-getting behaviours' in class and he struggles with how to make friends. We brought him to a psychologist, and sh...
JMWCanada | Last answer
I'm a 15 year old female and my doctor thinks I have IBD. It's the only treatment that helps but there is no sign of damage in my intestines. I have been hospitalized with inflammation in the part of my intestines near my appendix. Sympt...
Hannahvictoria98 | Last answer
Aspergers Syndrome runs all through my family. I haven't got it but I was wondering what's the chance my baby could have it. I was told I could be a carrier.
Kaylz101 | Last answer
My son who is 4 years old has severe anger issues. I left his father when he just turned 2. I met another man(who is now my husband) He is the best dad to him! He plays ball with him, teaches him, hugs him all the time, its the best fat...
TL2014 | Last answer
Ok so I went for my ultrasound this week (I'm 19weeks due on July 3, 2014) and they told me I'm having a bby boy :D I'm excited... but then the lady told me that something came up on the ultrasound on one of the bbys kidney she said it h...
kariiArellano | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank