Aa
A
A
Close

Autoimmune Disorders Forum

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

61 - 80 (of 303) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I have MDS. I developed L'Hermittes, went to Neuro and had MRI. Reported normal. L'Hermittes abated but, got tingling and tightness in feet and then to knees. Became ataxic. Returned to Neuro and had MRI. Report norma...
  Posted
First, let me thank you for taking my question. For 3 years now I have been experiencing declining vision, mental foginess or confusion, strange click of the neck followed by a mild electrical shock(rarely) but experience the sensation o...
  Posted
I've been treated for SLE for more than 5 years taking 400mg daily of hydroxchloroquine, acetaminophen and vicodin 5/500 2 daily. I cannot take ibuprofen due to kidney disease, although it was the best pain reliever. About a year ago I ...
  Posted
I am 47 yr old female with celiac disease for 12 years. I am very strict and eat a very healthy balanced diet. Recently my HGB was 11.7 (12.0-16.0) and my Ferritin was 11 (30.00-400.00). I was told it was probably due to my celiac and...
  Posted
just to mention i am a 35 year old male annd have posted my story in here somewhere but to cut it short in jan 2010 my tsh level was 91.6 ! was started on 25mcg of levothyroxine and gradually increased to 100mcg throughout the year and...
  Posted
I am a 30 year old female; height = 5'6" weight = 165 lbs Diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis january 2010; started methotrexate at that time. It works great, no complaints. I stopped taking it 1-16-2011 because I want to have a bab...
  Posted
i was bit by a tick years ago, but don't remember if i ever got sick back then. i've dealt with depression and anxiety for years--and now i hava fibromyalgia and some arthritis--one knee needed orthoscopic surgery to stop pain. now i ...
  Posted
I was diagnosed with lupus years ago, with the usual symptoms off and on for years........mainly fatigue, positive ANA, flu-like symptoms, etc... No organ damage has been done. Now I am almost 66 and my Rhumatologist says he thinks sin...
  Posted
I am an FFC patient, but i think I may be in the 10% that does not get much better, with periods of "wellness". I have 2 of the big 3...HHV-6 and EBV, M. pneum, yeast. My HPA axis was messsed up, but with T3 and cortisol I feel that i...
  Posted
1528067 tn?1295537582
Can you please explain the connection of neuropathy if someone is dx with Lupus, Sjogren's and Fibro? At one point I was told I had autonomic neuropathy because of "syncopal episodes" and BP dropping very low before and after dx. Then I...
  Posted
I qualify for numerous education, clinical research and other grants, due to over eleven documented physical disabilities. I am in chronic pain every hour of every day. Abhorring negativity, and classified as a never smoker, non alcohol...
  Posted
Hi Dr. My wife is 62 years old. She had Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis that was active until her early 30's. Hashimoto's in her 40's. Pernicious anemia, diagnosed in her 40's and treated with monthly B12 injections, SPADS ( specifi...
  Posted
1590086 tn?1297039987
Hello, I have been diagnosed with Hashi for 6 years now, positive ANA. Borderline Lupus ratio. I have been getting ultrasounds of my thyroid for 5 years due to a simple goiter no dominant nodule and it is now right lobe 6.9x2.0x1.9 ...
  Posted
Hi I was recently diagnoise with CIS. What kinds of vitamins I can take?
  Posted
I'm on doctor # 7 and they are all at a loss. Looking for ideas/suggestions Age 36 yr old Caucasian female - no children/pregnancies I have negative ANA, RA test 8 out of 14, checked for Lyme's, MRI for MS inconclusive - no signs ...
  Posted
765439 tn?1292964014
if you dont mind checking outthese two old questions..it would mean a lot...btw as an autoimmune disorder doctor maybe YOU can tell me why my hemoglobin;hematocrit is consistently out of normal ranges lol http://www.medhelp.org/posts/...
  Posted
my recent bloods are below my ultra sound is 2 years old- iam on thyroxine 100mg daily for apparent hypothyrodism as i was freezing wearing over amounts of clothes in summer and still cold constipated tired head fog- i have family histor...
  Posted
1494915 tn?1288923086
I'm only 12 and I think (my mother does too) I have over reactive bladder syndrome. I have to use the restroom all the time. It hurts when I do and I feel a weird feeling like butterflies in my tummy but they are in my bladder. HELP!!!
  Posted
Dear Dr. Nicolson, I am a seventeen year old girl and I have a problem with my heart. I can't seem to get it to slow down when its racing. Last year, I was taken off my adhd medication due to my heart racing. I was put on a heart mo...
  Posted
Two years ago I came down with a mild flu which I passed onto my mother, at the end of it's duration we both ended up with Fibromyalgia, did my mother catch Fibro from me or is it just a co-incidence and seeing as we got it from a virus ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank