Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Please Read, I have questions and need help regadring breast lumps

On Sunday, FEb 18th I discovered I had a lump in my left breast. I do not want to be a hypochondriac or nothing so I had my husband feel as well. Yes, he felt something. To make a long story short, I visited my doctor who felt my breasts. Both of my breast do contain fiborous tissues but outside of that he did feel two distinct lumps in my left breast, one of which was painful.
I am being sent to get a mammogram and an ultrasound done stat so I am anxiously waiting to find ot what is going on. I am scared. I keep thinking of that movie, "Terms of Endearment" where the young mom of 3 found out she had breast cancer which ended up being termincal. I cried like a baby in the scene where she was in the hospital bed saying goodbye to her children.

I do not want that to be me. Please pray for me. I will keep you all updated as I find out more information. Thanks for listening to me. I really appreciate it!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am doing some research on the concept of patient-to-patient support and was hoping you could assist me. Suppose you knew of an online community whose members all suffered from breast cancer or related problems. Do you think you would have interest in being an active  member of such a community - sharing your difficulties with others, providing a comforting shoulder and aiding one another? (Thanks for your cooperation!)
Helpful - 0
I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!!!!! I had my routine ob/gyn exam this morning, and they found a small lump in my left breast.

I do self exams, and I never noticed anything different than the normal lumpiness you sometimes feel. But the doc could tell the difference I guess. I don't know how long it's been there. I mean, I feel it, but I feel other areas and also feel bumps.

Anyways, I'm only 26 and I'm going for an ultrasound next week. Maybe a mammo if they think I need one. My sister had a large benign tumor removed from her left breast last year. And she was only 22. Breast cancer doesn't run in my family, so I'm just trying not to worry about it. When is your appt?

Helpful - 0
You seem to be on the right track-mammogram,ultrasound and seeking advice from others. My film showed multiple tumors in both breasts. My right breast showed two that were suspicious. I went in for needle localization biopsies. At the last minute,my orders were changed and I had four needle localization biopsies.My postoperative report lists fat necrosis,fibrocystic disease and multiple fibroadenomas. No cancer. Please don't worry yourself sick. It could be benign. I'm sure everyone who reads your post is sending you warm, happy thoughts.
Helpful - 0
Please try to remain positive. I know you are frightened, but there's a good chance the lumps will be noncancerous. I had 4 lumps removed, and all were OK. Try to get all of the info you can from your DR and the internet. I hope all turns out well for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.